HyperFirm

So, I've got no idea where else to talk about this. I mean.. I'm a little at the end of my rope here. But let me start at the beginning and try to be as impartial as I can be...

Towards the end of January of this year, I contacted HyperFirm, specifically John since his was the only e-mail listed on Sci-Fire's page, about getting a DLT-19. He told me he had one ready to go, I transferred the PayPal, and he said he'd have it to me by the next week.

A month rolled by, and still no blaster. No e-mail. Nothing. So I e-mailed him and inquired to the status of my order. He apologized, said he'd forgotten, and I said no worries, he said he'd get it out the next day.

Another Month rolled by. He forgot again, and apologized, said he'd get it out the next day.

A week went by, still nothing. No blaster, no e-mail. Nothing. So, I e-mailed him. Again, he said "Tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I'm going to refund you half for the wait. You'll have tracking information tomorrow." That was two weeks ago.

Today I e-mailed Lewis, SlaveFive, who said he couldn't do anything from his end. Said it was odd. Said only John handles "personal sales." Said I should keep trying to communicate with John, and he was sure John would make it right; I thanked him for his time.

I've got two unreplied-to e-mails to John. I know we're all doing this in our spare time, I know we're all volunteers. I know it's hard to keep things straight sometimes. I understand busy, hell I work upwards of 12 hour days most days--sometimes 14 hour days. Six days a week. I'm sorry, but when you tell somebody you've got something ready to go, they pay you, and you say you're going to ship it the next day... you ship it the next day. I was understanding the first month I was forgotten about, and even the second.

But it's just over three months at this point, and I'm still forgotten. I'm starting to think I've been taken for a ride, here. Lots of people have HyperFirm blasters.. I've never heard of a bad experience from them, or bad service. I don't even care about the refund he offered; I just want some honesty about what's going on, and for John to do what he said he would do.

Anybody got any wisdom here? Can anybody help me? I mean, I can't dispute the payment through PayPal at this point, I feel like I've been robbed for $365. In the long run, it's chump change, but... I'm not exactly rich. I had to scrape hard for that kind of spare scratch.

There may be a remedy through Paypal. I know there was in the past. You won't get your money back but a complaint of not receiving goods can freeze his Paypal forcing him to take action. Someone filed a bogus complaint against me for an ebay sale saying that I didn't send an item. I sent paypal a tracking number and they released my account.

Couple of points:

1. Lewis (SlaveFive) is the only person with Sci-Fire that I have ever dealt with...

2. He is trustworthy, honest, and always delivers. I own 5 Sci-Fire Hyperfirm blasters, all from Lewis.

3. I have no idea who "John" is, or what's up there. Did Lewis say John works for him, or Sci-Fire?

4. If so, did you indicate to Lewis that the problem is with John, who is representing Sci-Fire?

5. I'd ask Lewis to clarify with John and resolve it for you.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that John is 'postmortem' on TDH. I had a deal fall through with postmortem several years ago in a trade. He got his, I didn't get mine. Again, IF that's the same person...

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for the advice folks.

I sent another e-mail to Lewis asking him to clarify, and for help in resolving this. I cannot dispute the payment; PayPal says it wasn't for goods/services, though I'm certain I checked that option before sending it off... I make plenty of mistakes, though.

• Like 1

Dang, man. I hate this all turned out like this for you. I guess that tells me that I need to look into building my own. I can't afford the prices on these things, and the headaches alone of shipping and all this now... Just.... Ain't nobody got time for that!

as i said before if john sold you something you really have to deal directly with him...

he maintains the site and his contact info is by default...i have nothing to do with the site...and no he does not work for me or even vise versa...

i can try and reach out to him but my contact with him has been limited too as of late...

sorry you are dealing with this...i understand the frustration but i do not make it my business to see what he is doing or selling...if he sells something i would think he has it for sale...he probably just got busy with his normal work...happens from time to time

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Karl Nelson <thatthingonthefloor@hotmail.com> wrote:

Lewis,

Sorry to bother you again, but I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer for me. I know you said you couldn't do anything from your end to help resolve my situation with John, but does John work for you, or for Sci-Fire? Secondly, it is John.c.bush@icloud.com, right? His was the only e-mail address listed on Sci-Fire's site under the "contact us" section.

If you're the one who builds, lists, and sells, why am I contacting him by default?

I dig that this isn't your problem, brother, but.. I got nowhere else to turn.

I have now two e-mails he hasn't replied to, one of which is well over a week old. Previously he was quick to respond. Now that he has my money, he doesn't appear to be interested in communicating. Now, I'm not trying to accuse him of scamming me, but honestly that's what it feels like.

I've been told you were the one to deal with when it comes to buying HyperFirm, and many I've spoken with haven't heard of John Bush, which made me want to revisit this with you. I've been told by friends over on the BSN that you're trustworthy, and honest. If I've been dealing with the correct John, is there any way you could try to contact him and help me resolve this? I would really like to solve this diplomatically, but if he won't respond to me, I can do nothing but file a PayPal complaint, or complain to the BBB and I really don't want to do that.

I paid him under PayPal confirmation number 9A048004FB852121P

My shipping information:

Karl Nelson

119 Emogene Place

Mobile, AL 36606

I appreciate your time brother. Take care.

I'm surprised Lewis doesn't at least want to try to inquire on your behalf. The only thing you can do, is to keep on contacting him. Is he a Legion member? If so, contact his CO or SL.

• Like 3

Whether or not John is or isn't working for Lewis, he is still representing his company. If you are being sold something through the company, it IS his business. His company name is on the transaction.

• Like 2

Well first off let me clear some things up...I feel like I am being thrown under the bus with my email conversation being posted up and the whole runaround comment...these alone makes me want to wash my hands of the entire deal...and let me remind you again, I have nothing to do with this in any capacity...if you read my email response, I said I will attempt to reach out to him and see what is going on his end but sadly my contact has been limited to maybe 2 text msg responses since Feb...you have to look at it from my perspective...I make these on my own time and only list or sell items I have on hand...all with my own time and money...I have a long standing history with the 501st/TDH and have always delivered in a timely fashion even coming to the rescue of many people who have dealt with the SF site in years past to make things right for people...again, with my own time and money...

• Like 3

Well first off let me clear some things up...I feel like I am being thrown under the bus with my email conversation being posted up and the whole runaround comment...these alone makes me want to wash my hands of the entire deal...and let me remind you again, I have nothing to do with this in any capacity...if you read my email response, I said I will attempt to reach out to him and see what is going on his end but sadly my contact has been limited to maybe 2 text msg responses since Feb...you have to look at it from my perspective...I make these on my own time and only list or sell items I have on hand...all with my own time and money...I have a long standing history with the 501st/TDH and have always delivered in a timely fashion even coming to the rescue of many people who have dealt with the SF site in years past to make things right for people...again, with my own time and money...

Thank you for jumping on the site and clarifying. You have always done me and others right and delivered awesome blasters. A work of art. :)

Guys, keep in mind - Sci-fire.com is registered to John Bush. If you made a deal with him, it's his responsibility. I'm sure Lewis will help of he can.

http://www.whois.com/whois/sci-fire.com

• Like 1

Thanks Jim...I have basically took on the ability to continue making the HyperFirm items and process in making them...I do not receive emails or handle the SF site nor have any association with the PP acct, never have...what angers me most is that I get an email (from an understandably frustrated member) and I answer to the best of my ability not knowing all the details from both sides...then he emails again and this time I excuse myself from a lunch meeting to promptly answer and tell him I will reach out to John, hopefully hearing back something...I have no idea about this transaction, this member, nothing...come back from lunch and read his comments implicating me...honestly that just sets me off...

Everybody take a breath. No accusations here yet, just a lot of confusion and understandable frustration. All this currently rests on John, and since John has (for whatever reason, innocent or less than) been short on communication. As the first person with any tangible knowledge of or connection to him, Karl did jump on you a bit. I'm sure you were unfortunately the first release he's had over this, and caught his increasing worry and irritation on this issue. Not either of your faults, just some crossfire.

• Like 3

First, let me apologize to Lewis. Man, I'm sorry. I know this isn't your fault. I really do appreciate all you're doing here, I do. Like it's already been stated, I'm just frustrated with John. And, it's all in how I've interpreted the response I've gotten. I'm doing it wrong. Some of the wording, just read to me as if I'm getting the runaround. Clearly, that isn't the case, and I want to apologize again if this thread seems as if I'm throwing you under the bus. Mistakenly, I used this thread to vent some of my frustration here. I did jump on you, and I was wrong to do so.

Lewis, I'm sorry. I've no issue with you. At all.

I dig that you're the artist. I'm not trying to knock you. But this is John's responsibility. He's representing your work, and so far all I've gotten is a big fat zilch. I'm sorry this situation had to come to your attention, Lewis, I really am. It's NOT your problem, and I appreciate you trying to reach out. I got a little hot-headed, I hope you understand. Thank you for giving me YOUR point of view here, something I was sorely missing. Without context, I cannot understand.

I never intended for this thread to be a flame thread. I came here intending to get some advice on how I can proceed, hoping to hear some wisdom from experience. I came here for hope. There are just some things that don't add up in my mind, and maybe it's because I'm clouded. I will try to ask in a manner that doesn't come across as accusing and angry and scrupulous. There's too much emotion going around now, though... and... that isn't right. I CANNOT fault you, Lewis, for feeling the way you do.

If John is selling your work, why aren't you two more connected than you are? I dig that you're the artist, and you don't deal in dollar signs, brother, believe me. I do appreciate you trying to reach out, but I guess my point is, and bear in mind I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but.. this dude's representing your hard work, and the initial replies I got from you via e-mail didn't read to me as if you were very concerned about that. I'm wrong, it's just how I read it.

I really did feel like I was getting the runaround here, but again.. my interpretation. All I've gotten thus far is the runaround. My fault. I was LOOKING for failure, instead of seeing what I needed to see in your words. I apologize again. I'm sorry.

So, here’s what I’m going to do. Ask that the staff lock this thread for any further replies, or delete it. We’re adults, though I’ve acted rashly and childishly, and I feel like this thread can only turn into a 12-year-old’s-bitchfest, regardless. After that, I’m just going to shut my hole about this whole situation and keep quietly hoping that John makes this right. I cannot, in good conscience, plead my case to Lewis any longer; I’ve done nothing but damage here.

I’d like to apologize to the entire BSN for my behavior, here. It was unbecoming of a Pathfinder and 501st member to behave this way. I’m sorry, guys.

• Like 2

I appreciated the post. Being new I appreciate posts which clearly outline who not to deal with. I would hate to be ripped off of almost $400 and now I know who not to deal with. I don't see how asking the person supplying the vendor selling it is huge deal if there is no where else to go. I would think the person manufacturing the product would be pissed at the vendor treating what is in essence both their customers poorly.

I wouldn't really say the thread is about whom to or not to buy from. That's not what this is about. It's about a guy representing a product that has failed to live up to expectations of the level of customer service we want.

I've had issues with one of the Vendors (not a user here that I'm aware of ... to be clear on that). The vendor is one that I would not suggest going through, but without a feedback forum, or me just coming out and saying whom it was/is.... Nobody would ever know. I've had lack of communication that irritates the fire out of me. But It's not to say that it's a bad product or that the people I went through were bad people.

I really feel like Karl really truly honestly wanted advice on how to best handle the situation. Which is completely understandable in itself. We all need a place to vent. It wasn't directly aimed at Lewis, and It was not an attempt to throw him "under the bus". Lewis is not to blame for anything here. He's definitely not to blame for the poor customer service coming from John.

I, myself would love to have a Hyperfirm rifle. And even after all this, I would buy one, because I really want to believe in a member of this community like Lewis. He's one of us. Part of the family. So, don't let the above feedback about John's lack of customer service direct you away from these blasters, and rifles. I've had one in my hands, and i will tell you, they are awesome. Very much worth it. Just don't get misguided and think that the product is not worth your time. For this one post concerning customer service, I am almost positive that there have been a lot more positive transactions.

Don't misunderstand the point. If you're going to read a post, don't scan or highlight points that you WANT to see... Read the whole thing please and understand where we're all coming from.

My post above was about John... Because I'm willing to go on a road trip to collect the rifle that was paid for. It's not out of anger, or threat. I want to make that clear. It's about what's right.

And that's not only what Karl is trying to do above, Is make things right, and I think that Lewis is trying to make things right.

I'm sure it could have been kept private, but hindsight is 20/20. And, once again... DO NOT let the above keep you from looking into Hyperfirm. Just make sure you go through Lewis. :)

• Like 2

the problem is, even tho "John" seems to be the issue, the whole company suffers because like 01Hawk I probably wouldnt deal with this "company" either. It seems to me that anyone that stands to make money off the reputation of this vendor should be busting their *** to fix this for ThatThingOnTheFloor to keep the reputation of the "company" in tact. This whole "I'm not the guy you need to deal with" and "I'll see what I can do" isnt good enough to me when $400 is on the line.

Personally if it was me and I dropped that kind of cash I

a) would have made damn sure I didnt send a paypal "gift" and

b.) I would have filed a claim before the time frame expired.

I'm fairly understanding but to be admittedly "forgotten" about and then put off by the only person that I could get any contact with.......ppfffttt forget it.

• Like 1

I read every bit of the post just like I read a ton of then when I had to pick who to buy my armor from etc. I based my decisions on what I read here. It isn't exactly a huge community with tons of options so making the right choice based on the experiences of others was important to me. I don't know any of the people or vendors involved. Reading the frustrations of the original poster is something I would never want to go through. It's not like I can go to Target and buy this stuff - I have to chose between a handful of people who are nice enough to supply the hobby with components to complete a costume. A member of the community had/is having a horrible experience with a vendor and came here for help- and he was honest about how he was treated by all parties involved. I say thank you for that. Clearly the product is extremely nice. I don't understand why I couldn't have been purchased direct but that is a different topic I guess.

Again- I am new and just showing support to someone who I didn't see as doing anything wrong other than trying to get the product he paid for. It could have been me , and I would be pissed.

• Like 1

I just have one more thing to add here, and I hope this thread gets locked after I post this. I appreciate everyone's support here, I just feel like tempers flared a little too hard. I never meant for this to turn into a flame war. I came looking for hope, made a comment I shouldn't have made in the open when I originally only wanted to keep my advisers informed verbatim as to what was going on.

Let it be known that not only was John Bush in the wrong, but I as well. How could Lewis know anything if John never told him?

Lewis and I have had another e-mail exchange, and he has extended the offer of building me a blaster, and shipping it out to me. All of this is coming out of his pocket. I offered to pay him for his trouble, since he shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistake, and he declined, instead urging me to pay it forward.

Let that statement be testament enough. Don't avoid HyperFirm/SciFire, guys. Avoid dealing with John Bush if you're going to take any lesson to heart here. My mistake was going through SciFire's website, and not digging hard enough to see where other people had posted "deal only with SlaveFive". Jim has already said he's only ever dealt with Lewis. There's a thread on the MEPD boards urging people to only deal with Lewis. People in my Garrison have stated that they have only ever dealt with Lewis, and most have said they don't even know who John Bush is. Take that for what you will. Bottom line is, Lewis made this right when it wasn't his problem. Apparently, he's done it time and time again.

Buy Hyperfirm. Buy from SlaveFive.

I thank everyone for their help, guidance, and understanding. I also thank you for your forgiveness as my temper raged and caused my back to spasm so hard that I was quite literally stuck in my chair for two hours. I can only pay this gesture forward with the hope that Lewis doesn't suffer any ill-effects on the business or personal side from this debacle.

Thank you BSN. Thank you, SlaveFive.

• Like 4