Spookys MLC v3 Helmet "build"

after really looking over the snout piece and looking at other pieces DVH has made and pics posted on this site I see mine has bubbles on the fins and other areas really making it look bad, so I have PM'd Lou and hopefully we can get it sorted...

I'll send ya a new one bud. The first pic you showed it looks like the paint was doing that due to the miold release. I usually do a light sand on them before painting. The edges of the fins looks like air bubbles though...i must have missed it when i bagged it up. I had a few bagged up ahead of time and just grabbed one...i'll get ya another one one out no prob :)

• Like 2

Thanks Lou, I cleaned the heck out of that thing with dish soap and a tooth brush (not mine) before I painted it and let it dry for a few days, so if the release agent was still on there, thats some powerful stuff you use. Do you need my address again or have ya got it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DesertTrooper

Thanks for the oven tip for the visor. Did not have the right bowls so I used a large glass Vlasic pickle jar laid on it's side.

Okay, got my replacement snout and it's much better then the first one (Thanks DVH) I still needed to do some sanding and puttying and sanding and painting but it was much better. Now, I painted it all in flat paint, do you guys use flat paint or do you gloss/semi gloss the snout greeblie?

image.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...