Topher's build thread

Ok, I've almost finished the build of my MonCal set. Known issues are:

1. balaclava missing

2. pouches not mounted

3. flight suit missing

4. vest missing

5. visor film needs reattaching

6. detonator on crooked

Please review the armor, boots, and bucket, ignoring the above notes, and let me know if anything needs adjustment. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77059580@N07/sets/72157641773469604/

Topher

Pull your belt down. You don't want any of your bund showing below the belt. Also, your drop boxes could stand to come down a little. You don't want them so high as they're touching the belt. Can't tell, do you have the straps and suede mods on your legs? Bucket looks good, what film are you talking about putting on it? Reflective film is not canon or approved.

The flight suit is just a stock redkap right now, so I know the straps and suede are missing. The film I'm referring to is the tinted visor material; the glue didn't hold.

I'll pull the belt and boxes down a bit.

Thanks!

Topher.. If you have a tractor supply near you, they sell replacement plastic face shields in the welding area.. They come pre-tinted..

That's what I have in my visor..

It's a lot more durable than film.. And pretty cheap too

• 1 month later...

Ok, new photos. The only thing missing (I think) is the soft pouches; I got most of the way through putting it all on and realized I never put on the velcro to hold them. Let me know if anything else needs adjusting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77059580@N07/sets/72157641773469604/

Edit: looks like my shoulder bells need to rotate forward a little.

Hi there

You´re almost there, looks good and with the small adjustments Mike pointed out for you, you´re must soon be ready for approval pics ;) but are these new pics ??

is there anything that can be done about the camel toe? this is one part of the costume (not just yours but when ever I see it) that has always bugged me........

Nothing against your costume, it looks really good to me, just a question I have

Yeah, I simply picked up three sheets of white sticky-back foam at a local craft store (Michael's). Traced the codpiece of the bund, cut one, used that as a template to cut the other two, then trimmed them all down a little so they wouldn't show . Sandwiched them together and stuck them to the inside of the bund. Boom, no more cameltoe. Which as a guy, is not a problem I ever thought I'd have to fix.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...