Soft Armor attachments

jameserec

My build is on the way with acquisitions. So far I have boots and cumberbund, pouches and gloves. I noticed my pouches had a velcro tab and was wondering where that attached to? Also the cumberbund...does it attach to the flak vest with velcro to keep it from slipping down? I have been combing through the various builds posted and have not noticed one on how all the soft parts link up under the armor.

Originally I thought the pouch velcro tabs attached onto the chest plate? True or False.

• Like 1

Either way works for the pouches. I have mine on the chest armor.

As for the vest and the bund, the usual recommendation is to add 4 pieces of 2-3" of velcro to the vest and 4 pieces on the bund. I have it and couldn't live without it :-)

• Like 1

Originally I thought the pouch velcro tabs attached onto the chest plate? True or False.

Yes. :D

Some people like to have the pouches sewn to the cummerbund, some like the pouches attached to the inside of the chest plate. I prefer mine on the chest plate.

As for the soft bits, technically, they should be 2 pieces, but there's nothing saying you can't make a velcro strip on the inside front of the 'bund to attach to the outside front of the flak vest.

Some folks sew suspenders to the 'bund.

• Like 1

I have my pouches attached to the chest so when I sit down it moves with my chest. I don't have my vest yet but I have suspenders currently on my bund

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I suspected but it's nice to have it confirmed. Photos in the CRL for the vest show velcro strips which I would guess attach to the bund. Turns the entire under armor kit into a scout onesie. :)

• 6 months later...

I originally had the pouches attac,d to the bund, but had major sag when I put my Aker amp in the pouch for my first troop, so now I have them attached to the chest armor. Thinking about putting my Aker amp hidden inside the chest plate too.

The suspenders idea is good. I didnt even think about that. :)

I have suspenders hanging from the shoulder bridge that hold up the bund in front. It also snaps to the vest in front and back. Pouches hang from velcro in chest armor. I had such a problem with sagging cummerbund, I kinda went overkill on the solutions!