Further evidence of alternate weapons!

EnigmaEngine

So I was re-re-re-reading my Star Wars comic omnibus "At War With The Empire - volume 1" for the first time since becoming a Scout myself. This time I noticed that the tale "Princess...Warrior" features a number of TB's in a battle with rebel forces. I admit, I squealed happily and nit-picked artwork errors in their armor here and there.

Then I took a critical eye to what they're shown using during the battle. Here we have a pair clearly holding E-11's.

WvnjwtQ.jpg

And in these two...possibly the same Scout (lol comic art), possibly two different ones, using a DLT-19.

yokchaN.jpg

...as well as another E-11 in the backround....

X39erRo.jpg

• Like 1

I seriously dislike artists who don't do their homework when it comes to Star Wars characters.

Yeah, look at that horrible open collar & crazy rank insignia on that officer. lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's a bunch of CCG cards for swg that had scouts with e11s also and other weapons, including missile launcher. People are OK with made up Nerf gun scout carbines but not using actual imperial issue carbines like the e11, especially ones used in licensed artwork.... Its odd.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

http://www.501st.com...TX_shadow_scout

Shadow Scout authorized for additional weapons.

...What exactly is the difference between the two in real world? Same armor, should have the option for same weaponry/accessories.

I understand in Star Wars lore, the shadows are a brand of Special Ops, However... As we've seen, Scouts in white armor have also been seen using addition weapons. Just because it isn't screen used weaponry, does not mean that we should discredit it, in my opinion, but then again.... I'm not in charge here.

http://www.501st.com...TX_shadow_scout

Shadow Scout authorized for additional weapons.

...What exactly is the difference between the two in real world? Same armor, should have the option for same weaponry/accessories.

I understand in Star Wars lore, the shadows are a brand of Special Ops, However... As we've seen, Scouts in white armor have also been seen using addition weapons. Just because it isn't screen used weaponry, does not mean that we should discredit it, in my opinion, but then again.... I'm not in charge here.

The Shadow Scout/Storm Commando is part of the EU (or what was considered the EU). The classic Imperial Scout Trooper is part of the canon SW universe, as seen in RotJ. The differences lie in the source reference material. The Spec Ops detachment setup the Shadow Scout to be a close resemblence to the classic scout. However, we allow other weapons - as seen in the references for this scout.

http://www.501stspecopsdet.net

That's understandable... I'm just guessing that in the movies, the scouts were dispatched to Endor. They were recon to figure things out and make sure it would be stable for use. I'm sure they probably had cases of weaponry on site, but when scouting areas, just used what was basic. I want to believe that we saw basic used scouts.

• Like 2

Being a scout in current times I am willing to be they had alot more gear and weapons around. We only pack what we need for each mission when we go out other wise we will have gear over gear over gear.

When we first see our counterparts they are carrying what appers to be a gym bag. I can assume they were out for a standard patrole around the perimiter of the base and looking for mushrooms to add to the nights salad. (we are skilled surivalists) Then those bloody rebles ambushed us and all we wanted to do was add some flavor to the bland rations we had back at base. If that was the mission no need to bring out the rocket launchers and e-webs. Ewoks dont have armor or walkers. The pvts will forget to strap it down to there speeders any way. No one wants to tell Lord Vader we cant find a rocket launcher becasue we lost it looking for mushrooms and the pvt lost it.

Just my idea here.

• Like 2

I think the traditional thinking is that everything on the suit was designed for the bikes. The holster on the leg, the soft cod, the hip boxes are all easier on someone who is sitting on a speeder bike. The argument against adding heavy weapons to the scout CRL is that we are "biker scouts" first, "scout troopers" second. I can agree with that.

I also know that it feels pretty awesome to carry a huge gun while wearing armor. Although, yesterday was my first chance to take the sniper rifle out with the scout armor (it was a con, so the rules are kinda relaxed)... and there's no way I'd be able to get that eyepiece to my face with the helmet on.

• Like 1