mlbukowski's sc armor build

Just got this little package in the mail. This will be my first ever build, so pray for me, people!

2014-02-13102351_zpsd45aeeb3.jpg

Thanks, everyone. The instructions from SC are very clear, which is a relief. And Panda's walkthrough is a godsend. I think I can do this!

Good luck man! I just finished my SC build 2 weeks ago as my first build also :D

How did it go for you? Any pointers?

It went great actually but I didn't use the instructions all that much because in my opinion the builds by the others scouts here are a lot more helpful than the instructions (I'm a visual learner) The SC armor is very easy to deal with....but when building your suit make sure you do it to your person and be careful when you cut because you only get one chance at It..other than that the build is quite simple and you shouldn't have much of a problem like myself but check out all these awesome scouts builds and ask questions when you need to they are all great and helpful people!

• Like 1

Cool! Yes, the Pandatrooper one has been really helpful. Looks like I need to run to the hardware store this weekend and grab a bunch of stuff.

Playing with glue....

20140216_103137_zpscktm1gl5.jpg

i just got my SC armour today, nervous about starting but luckily theres loads of great references here on the forum.

Yes, Pandatrooper's thread has been a godsend!

• 3 weeks later...

A little bit of progress...... and I forgot to put on my knee armor!

20140309_180610-1_zps18jz6wyv.jpg

20140309_180716-1_zps6sd0qwll.jpg

• Like 1

Looks so weird without the bund. But it also looks like it's coming along very nicely! Good job!

I know! Can't wait to get that

Of course the day after I post a photo I get Marcel's magnificent boots and cummerbund. Still need the bucket, vest and I haven't attached the pouches yet... but things are getting there.

20140312_010114-1_zpsbe9xek4u.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Your build looks great! Did the greeblies for the Thermal Detonator come with the SC Armor Kit?

Yes they did. And I had to glue them twice because like a dummy I forgot to take the protective plastic OFF the TD first. hahaha

• Like 1

Looking good. I've just ordered Boots from Marcel as well. Looks strange without bund, but still real cool.

It does! This pic is more recent:

20140323_170938_zps6c8dec4d.jpg

Yes they did. And I had to glue them twice because like a dummy I forgot to take the protective plastic OFF the TD first. hahaha

Lol I'm sure I'll do that kind of stuff when I start. I just received SC armor. It's all still wrapped up. I plan to begin next month.

• Like 1