Point me and I shall follow

Guest smallstrooper

Guest smallstrooper

Hi all... New so please forgive me if I seem lost. I've been doing major research on starting a full Biker Scout and now ready to start with purchasing and gathering. Now the question what direction to go. Let me give a bit of my idea and background on me. I am female and stand at 4ft11in and my concern is how placement of armor would fit and how much mod I would have to do to make it look right and not like an ewok trying to dress as a scout... and well call me a lady but my idea and plan is to make it purple (this is my first go so not looking for regulations, as such the color purple I'm sure is not accepted). Currently have nothing but a body and the willingness....so like I said point me and I shall follow. Thanks for any help and understanding...new is scary but I'm all in!

Welcome. I have seen some of the ladies (and a few guys) here who are about your height. It does take some mods to the biceps and shoulders, which shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe some off the chest. I am fairly short and got away with just a few mods. You can get your soft parts made smaller as well as your boots. All in all, very doable. There are a lot of folks here who can give you much better info and maybe even a few in your area. As for the purple... No, it won't clear, but hey, we have a pink snowtrooper, why not a purple scout?

Guest smallstrooper

Welcome. I have seen some of the ladies (and a few guys) here who are about your height. It does take some mods to the biceps and shoulders, which shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe some off the chest. I am fairly short and got away with just a few mods. You can get your soft parts made smaller as well as your boots. All in all, very doable. There are a lot of folks here who can give you much better info and maybe even a few in your area. As for the purple... No, it won't clear, but hey, we have a pink snowtrooper, why not a purple scout?

Thank you! Yeah it's not so much of it not being doable but more of finding a guide to help mod. Why not is right? lol thanks for replying hope I can get a few good suggestions and this turns my dream into reality

The scout is a good design in that many portions of the costume are soft parts (riding suit, cummerbund etc.)

In general, Moncal armor is smaller. I have SC (Studiocreations) and although I am average height, I still modified some parts. I know SC makes smaller shoulder armor, perhaps they have other smaller parts too.

The chest and back pieces may look the most out of proportion based on your build. You could try and trim them down.

Check my build in The scout armor section. Might be some useful tips in there for you.

Good luck!

Guest smallstrooper

The scout is a good design in that many portions of the costume are soft parts (riding suit, cummerbund etc.)

In general, Moncal armor is smaller. I have SC (Studiocreations) and although I am average height, I still modified some parts. I know SC makes smaller shoulder armor, perhaps they have other smaller parts too.

The chest and back pieces may look the most out of proportion based on your build. You could try and trim them down.

Check my build in The scout armor section. Might be some useful tips in there for you.

Good luck!

Awesome!! I already emailed SC on theirs, so just waiting on a email back to see if they have any suggestions as well. Thank you!! Mainly though I think the chest and back pieces is where its going to get me, but hopefully it'll be good! I'll definitely be posting pics of this!

Its good to see you join the boards!

And like Terry pointed out, since ur only 4'11 id suggest mc.but sc can work but you'll have to do some mods to the chest.

Sc is cheaper and it doesn't take nearly as long to receive as mc. I mean if your willing to wait 8 months for it after you paid for it, go ahead and get mc

Welcome aboard! A good site to visit is http://jedijennie.com/bikerscout/ There's some great info on how to down-size a scout, so hopefully you'll find some of it useful.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to read up as much as possible. Lots of great info here. :D

• Like 1

Guest smallstrooper

Its good to see you join the boards!

And like Terry pointed out, since ur only 4'11 id suggest mc.but sc can work but you'll have to do some mods to the chest.

Sc is cheaper and it doesn't take nearly as long to receive as mc. I mean if your willing to wait 8 months for it after you paid for it, go ahead and get mc

hey Donovan thanks for telling me about this!! yeah I've been checking it out and went straight to SC when you first told me about it. Thanks!! :)

Guest smallstrooper

Welcome aboard! A good site to visit is http://jedijennie.com/bikerscout/ There's some great info on how to down-size a scout, so hopefully you'll find some of it useful.

Enjoy your stay and be sure to read up as much as possible. Lots of great info here. :D

thanks!!! I've already seen this link and there is definitely a lot of helpful stuff she points out... I'll be all over on here lol reading everything I can see :)

Guest smallstrooper

I threw my idea to a few people...And now I'm having custom helmet and armor made. Beyond exciting and I cant wait to start showing what is in the works. The idea is as follows... Shadow Scout with purple accents. I will be asking permission to post pics as it develops from the ones creating this magnificent cosplay for me, that way all of you can see and as well to spread the word on them. Our hopes is to have it good to go for SD Comic Con and charity events. I'm very blessed this has come my way!! I'll keep updating and posting as much as I can.

• 5 months later...
I threw my idea to a few people...And now I'm having custom helmet and armor made. Beyond exciting and I cant wait to start showing what is in the works. The idea is as follows... Shadow Scout with purple accents. I will be asking permission to post pics as it develops from the ones creating this magnificent cosplay for me, that way all of you can see and as well to spread the word on them. Our hopes is to have it good to go for SD Comic Con and charity events. I'm very blessed this has come my way!! I'll keep updating and posting as much as I can.

Hi. Mind sharing who's helping you to custom make your armor?