Final Build pic and questions

Rainfly

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a while and never actually posted final pics of my build.

7996_207362089436639_276538958_n_zpsbc9ed585.jpg

This is my brother and I with a Newt cosplay at NYCC.

A couple of the questions I had:

1. Anybody make a modular hump? One that can be taken on and off? Because its a real pain to sit with.

2. I have been putting off cutting the ear-holes for fear of destroying my bucket. Wise words from an elder here?

3. Ways to stuff the cummerbund boxes? I used cardboard folded up but eventually that gets some curves.

Alex

1. On my first Scout costume, several years ago, I modified my hump to attach with industrial-strength Velcro. I could drive to events, and just have a spotter attach it once I arrived.

2. Patience. Use a drill (at low speed) to make the starter holes, then a Dremel tool, with the narrow sanding drum. And a $10 set of hobby files.

3. Hit up a fabric store, look for foam (usually in the back) that's the same thickness as your pouch, then cut it to fit the width and height.

I'm sure others will chime in here soon...

I agree with Eric.

1. For the Hump, I'd tread lightly and NOT modify this until you are approved.

2. Yep, trace it out with a pencil, drill a starter hole, and then use a Dremel to get the shape. Take your time!

3. I have styrofoam rectangles in my pouches. Not too much, but just enough.

you could mount some brackets with a stack of rare earth magnets attached to them so you can just pop your hump on and off.

My only reservation with a removable hump would be the potential for it to get knocked off at a busy con.

• Like 1

3. If you want to have useful pouches AND want them to look sharp, get some .25" craft foam, some duct tape and a good sharp xacto knife and build yourself a box that slides in. I've done that and it works great (and it's easy to do). I'll see if I can't take some good photos of mine when I get home.

• Like 1