Inside your helmet

DAngel

Hi everyone!

First I want to say a big thank you to all who have followed my work and gave all sorts of advice. You guys are just awesome :)

Now, new topic with new q. After several troopings, I identified several problems in the armor which I want to solve (yes and slowly prepare everything for the application for lancer)

First - HELMET

While I'm not going to buy a new kit with a smaller helmet, I need to improve my helmet inside. During last trooping with Nordic Garrison, I saw different solutions for the wearer's comfort. I'm not too happy with my quick solution, so I want to consult with others.

1. How did you fill your helmet inside?

(photo welcome)

2. How do you solve the problem right proportion?

*I'm not high, so I need to use pillows for helmet for right proportion

I will appreciate any answers, but please be specific. I know about pillows for helmet, but I would like to know how you have them laid out, where to buy and the rest of the secrets to a comfortable life of the head :)

I will take a better picture later today but here you see I have 2 foam strips about an inch thick on the sides, keeps my head from bobbling, 2 long foam strips in the back of my helmet, in the front forehead part another strip of foam that and the back one wrap around my head perfect. and once i get more pics you can see a strip of foam at the top of my head to keep the head raised high and not sitting on my neck.

10872724636_c6df7c6bc3_c.jpg

• Like 1

Guest hel0wrench

I see a lot of people using a hard hat liner. My SC came with helmet style foam pads with velcro on them. I'm sorry I don't have pictures, I'm still finishing mine.

If the hard hat liner doesn't work out I have seen one example of using a bicycle helmet inside your bucket. Buy one that fits and shave down the outside so it fits in your helmet. Glue or tape in place and you should be good to go.

Hardhat liner isn't going to fit. I put the cradle from a Hasbro Darth Vader in mine. It's small, but adjustable. I put the elevator bolt from the visor thru a piece of sintra that I cut to fit where the top part of that cradle was. I should really take some pictures one of these days because it fits really well and isn't as hot as all that padding.

• 4 weeks later...

screen accurate 3m headgear, it's adjustable and there is some air to breath..looking at all this foam somehow leave me breathless..

That's how I have my tk setup. I need just a hard hat liner in it or else I will burn up in it. but on my scout I dont mind too much cause i could just flip the visor open.

• 2 months later...

Hey, guys! Great thread! I recently got my bucket in and it needs a bit more padding on the inside. I went to a craft store and they had some Foamology Design Foam with adhesive backing (for decorative crafts) that I thought would be perfect. I was checking out the instructions on the back and saw that the material, polyurethane, was known by some state code to contain materials that cause health issues...?! I don't want that on my face!

Anyhoo... I've been looking for baseball/football helmet foam, motorcycle foam, and even military helmet foam. I can't find anyone who sells replacement foam... just the helmets. Where did you guys get your foam from? Besides that, where do you get that 3M hardware that forcesensitive posted? It would be cool to have it adjustable.

• 3 months later...

No, it has two openings on each side, first enters in low one(inside folded and secured with paper clip) then goes up on the outer side of the helmet and enters inside through the outer opening

Hope that helps, it is screen accurate way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I have my tk setup. I need just a hard hat liner in it or else I will burn up in it. but on my scout I dont mind too much cause i could just flip the visor open.

Well Anh/esb TK has star foam inside, Rotj has headband..(if screen accuracy is your goal)..personaly I would rather install fans for trooping, but I completely understand your thoughts :)

I use the "Condor" helmet pads that came with my SC helmet. They use velcro pads which you stick in the helmet so you can move the pads around to suit your needs. The pads themselves are adjustable in thickness with several layers of memory foam in each pouch. You will need to glue in the sticky velcro with E6000 or contact cement since the adhesive is really weak and pulls away when you remove the pads.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=11969&hl=&fromsearch=1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Anh/esb TK has star foam inside, Rotj has headband..(if screen accuracy is your goal)..personaly I would rather install fans for trooping, but I completely understand your thoughts :)

Oh yeah i don't mind if the inside is not screen accurate I use the hard hat liner and now fans in my tk with frown mesh added as well. Although my ANH helmet is screen accurate from the outside, with all hand painted details and built exactly to original specs :)

Negativeeleven

I disagree, I have an sc helmet and a hardhat liner fit perfect in my bucket.

when I upgrade I'm going to put the 3m headgear in though

I used the headband from a Hasbro Darth Vader helmet and a couple of pieces of styrofoam that something else was shipped in. I always save foam if it doesn't make crunchy noises when you squeeze it!

Yup...pretty much the same as the Condor Pads that SC sends with their kits. They work so well I picked up 2 more kits for use with other helmets.