Advice on lens fogging.

So, exactly that. The only issue I've noted with my brand new well loved kinda used scout bucket is that my speaking...and sometimes just exhaling....causes the interior of the lens to fog. I'm not hot....there seems to be plenty of ventilation as far as heat dispersal is concerned. But I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this, or knows of a fix.

I've thought of just wiping the inside with the water-protection-antifog treatment I use for my car windshield, but sometimes those things smear a bit, and streaks on my lens seems a little silly to prevent fogging."I can't see! Ah, well, I'll use this....I can't see in an entirely different way! HA HA."

with anti-fog (and this is going to be your best solution to your issue), apply it and leave it to dry.

To stop it smearing, or remove the smears... when it's dry, use a very light polishing motion with a lint free cloth. You will get rid of the smears, but leave the anti-fog on.

And with the heavy breathing, ever considered making dodgy phone calls late in the evening??

• Like 4

I have used dish soap on mine, similar to what Marcel has mentioned. In the end, once I removed the mesh from the ears, that helped a ton. So...if you have mesh on the ears, yank that out! ;)

There is mesh on the ears. I wonder who put that there. But I do wonder; if the mesh is removed, does the inside need to be painted black or something?

The mesh is optional, and yep I did it! But, it can easily be removed. :)

This is how I did my MLC3 lid:

IMG_4474-b_zps9677c0d8.jpg

IMG_4472-b_zps02e23af5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some krylon, put painter's tape to seal the ear holes and cover the neck....and holy crap I still got paint spatter. The effect is there....no more mesh! But now I have black yuck around the helmet's ears that needs to be removed.

The can says to use mineral spirits for removal, but I wanted to ask here and make sure this won't melt the plastic or anything. I love this helmet. I do not want to do it harm!

• 1 year later...
Guest Forrest Patrol

you can use a non odor bar of soap.just rub against the lenses then wipe off the lenses ive been using that teqnique on my gm and td and i have no problem on fogging up

I use washing up liquid, put a bit on a piece of tissue. And rub it on the lense and buff off. Used this for years on my motor bikes also

I have used dish soap on mine, similar to what Marcel has mentioned. In the end, once I removed the mesh from the ears, that helped a ton. So...if you have mesh on the ears, yank that out! ;)

How did you figure this out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After several years with a motorcycle and wearing glasses I've tried and given up on all the 'put X on your lens' ideas - they may work for some people, but when you have three surfaces fogging up the coatings make it just as hard to see.

Since any form of ventilation does work, I went this route and added a 3D printer fan in the snout that blows air up into the visor. I can also feel this on my face, and it keep my glasses clear as well.

9V switched battery holder wired directly to the fan. Both are velcroed in place for easy removal. Total cost if you get it all right first time isn't high, and I'll add a second just as soon as it gets warm enough to need something more.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is older. Just windering if the lens fogging got any better for you Enigma? I know a few TKs who pit in computer fans. I bought one for $10. Going to install it in mine when it comes in.

I have no fogging of my lens but I'm not in a humid part of the country (So Cal). I use snorkel/scuba mask "no fog". Something like this:

U.S. Divers Anti-Fog Gel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUMEYKY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aKW6xbD3307C5