The day has finally arrived! First images of full assembly!

Guest Axelay

If you've seen any of my other threads... then I think you will understand what I mean when I say that I feel like I have resurrected this suit. It has taken a LOT of work, but I am quite proud.

IMG_20131031_085948_857.jpg

Pouches look a little crooked here. I fixed it after I realized. Duh.

IMG_20131031_090003_635.jpg

IMG_20131031_090024_124.jpg

IMG_20131031_094041_443.jpg

Some of the Kindergarteners at my school.

I have to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who gave me advice, support, technical know-how, and encouragement with this project. It's not been easy at all, but I feel like it's been worth it. If you see anything glaringlly wrong, please let me know. I know that the pouches are not the proper off-white, but I really like these better. It'll never be Lancer quality, but that's OK with me for right now. Maybe one day I will get there. Now I just need to apply to the Carolina Garrison.

looks good...do you have riding patches, butt flap, and thigh straps? can't tell from pics. that's a set of SC gear, but what's the helmet? SC as well?

I surely do! I tried to follow the 501st costume standards as closely as possible. I am expecting needing to take close-up photos of almost each part of the suit, so I have tried to get as much correct on the first try as possible.

Great work Eddie, you have done a great job getting this updated. Only comment: flip the greeblies on the TD, those are backwards (round part goes on the right).

DOH! I can't believe that I botched this! I will make repairs ASAP.

I definitely feel like the first thing to be replaced is the boots. Even though they turned out OK, I feel like surely someone out there can do vastly superior work to mine. I am already thinking about so many things which I can upgrade. I'm already considering a headset mic with speakers in the pouches. And definitely fans in the helmet! Holy crap was I HOT today. It was in the 70's today in NC. I completely underestimated how warm this suit can be.

By the way, if this thread is more appropriate to have in a different section of the boards (maybe just the Biker Scout section?) then please feel free to mod move it.

There's nothing wrong with white pouches. I'd put some foam in them so they don't look smooshed. Also pouch placement...should start at the edge of the outside stitch lines on the ribs. Also, pull your belt down a little. Don't want any bund showing below the belt. Solid looking build though.

• Like 1

70s? that's nothing. DragonCon this year was nightmarish...I've never been so hot as I was in that parade. must have been near 100! the only rule with white pouches is that the thigh box strapping has to match. also, can't tell from the pics, but the vest should close the same way as the bund, right over left.

70s? that's nothing. DragonCon this year was nightmarish...I've never been so hot as I was in that parade. must have been near 100! the only rule with white pouches is that the thigh box strapping has to match. also, can't tell from the pics, but the vest should close the same way as the bund, right over left.

Ha...in Texas, it's 103 in the shade! :)