Weapons on the CRL ?

Heavy

Well... from various discussions with our own GML over the years....

The sideshow collection etc, are licensed LFL produce, so whilst not 'canon' in the tradition film sense of the word, it is 'canon' as in approved by LFL.

So the MG34 variant would probably be quite easy to sort.

• Like 2

Well... from various discussions with our own GML over the years.... The sideshow collection etc, are licensed LFL produce, so whilst not 'canon' in the tradition film sense of the word, it is 'canon' as in approved by LFL. So the MG34 variant would probably be quite easy to sort.

I agree... :duim:

I agree... :duim:

Well... from various discussions with our own GML over the years....

The sideshow collection etc, are licensed LFL produce, so whilst not 'canon' in the tradition film sense of the word, it is 'canon' as in approved by LFL.

So the MG34 variant would probably be quite easy to sort.

But how do we handle the fact that the armor in most of these sources is totally wrong? Don't we risk ending up in a discussion on what armor parts are correct and not, just because there's a licensee out there that doesn't have a bluray-version of ROTJ to check what they are doing?

The sideshow stuff is a close enough representation (yeah, they got some bits wrong... but that's just us knowing what they should look like) for it to a 'scout' and not something different.

I know on that statue they've got some of the small details wrong, like the pouches the wrong way round, but essentially everything is where it should be.

So with consistency amongst the SideShow stuff ( try to see the Games as separate entities), then the argument 'should' be a relatively simple one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have been researching a bit on this and found a few things, I would like opinions on.

There seems to be two views on this guy.

1. Its a new scout costume that differ from the movie scout completely, and to be allowed to carry the sniper rifle at C events, you need to make a game(BF, TFU) scout from scratch.

2. Its just a regular scout, with a game(again BF, TFU) rifle.

So I have been looking at screenshots, a lot, and this is what I have found.

First we have the BF scout, with more or less looks like a movie scout, but with bad graphics, although no major visible changes, excepts a missing mudflap and TD canister

BF4_zps2cb93968.jpg

BF3_zpsaf1de62b.jpg

BF3_zpsaf1de62b.jpg

BF2_zpsaaf7184e.jpg

Second is the TFU scout, wich again look like the movie scout, but with a white mudflap and extra thigh armor

TFU1_zps7e53a76f.png

TFU2_zpsf9385388.jpg

And in this video (skip to 10.00min and forward)

Now what concerns me the most, is how a model, that is pictured in two games is greatly discussed and, weapon wise, dissapproved of, is more or less denied a simple Sniper rifle(Sniper rifle, from the games. Not a DLT), but a HWT is allowed with 6 (6!!!) different weapons options, where only one of which is actually in the game(the Misile launcher). In the game(BF 1+2) the HWT only have the missile launcher and a scout blaster available, but in the CRL its allowed to carry a Missile launcher, DLT, T-21, RT-97C, SE-14R, E-11 and even a binocular(yeah not a weapon, but still!!!), but not the Scout hold out blaster, while the humble scout trooper is not even allowed a simple sniper rifle, without making a brand new costume choice and a brand new entry for the CRL.

Do we really need to make an ugly scout, to be allowed the Sniper Rifle??

So....

Early_zpseea95280.jpg

And about this pic

BF1_zps5b202349.jpg

To me it looks like a MOD for the ARMA game(Or at least a MOD of some sort), and not any of the Lucas Arts games. So fan made. Not canon.

At least I have never seen that type of the sniper before, although the scout model seems very familiar with the thigh armour thing.

Okay, I stand corrected, since I am about to disprofe myself...The picture still looks like a mod, but with ingame models and rifles.

Ingame footage from TFU 2 I just took as I was lucky enough to run into a bug while trying to get goood ingame footage of the scout rifle(The scout yelled at me, but did nothing but standing still)

2013-10-13_00014_zpsd6f83988.jpg

2013-10-13_00011_zps208812e1.jpg

2013-10-13_00016_zps7163b787.jpg

2013-10-13_00017_zpsdc5d7adf.jpg

2013-10-13_00017_zpsdc5d7adf.jpg

2013-10-13_00013_zpsfb4ba907.jpg

And a close up of the ingame TD cannister

2013-10-13_00015_zps82fed185.jpg

So one of two things could happen...

1. Approve a sniper rifle(and this one looks like a hybrid thing of a bulky MG34/42 (or even M60) body with MG34 handle, stock and barrel, and a weird bipod + a long 4X40 scope.

2. Make a Sniper scout, like the HWT, with the following changes:

Thigh armor

No riding patch

No boot holster

No boot sole detail

No tank topper

No fish hook on the helmet

Completely joined front and back armor at the top(No cloth connection)

White bicep armor detail(bumps really)

White mudflap

No elastic going over the mudflap

No extra elastic on the knees

Shiny gloves

No flak vest

Black pipes on TD cannister

Basicly a very simple scout with thigh armor.

Great pics and captures, nicely done. I personally do not like the game scouts and/or game based trooper variants. The game programmers rush through to meet deadlines, miss details, and are inconsistent. You can also see this in other games with the Swamp Trooper and Shadow Trooper game based characters too.

For me, the scouts should look like what we see in the ROTJ. If we start polluting the gene pool with freaky looking, non-standard, game-based scouts...things will look really weird.

Why not agree on a sniper rifle that makes sense for everyone, do a poll, and add it to the CRL? That's just my 2 cents...

7222_press01-001.jpg

Scout_Trooper_Premium_Format%201.jpg

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't want to see a new scout, for me I feel it's just the game designers being lazy and missing details. We have finally got to a stage where we all are getting very close to screen looking scouts after my CRL update. The respect for the scout costume we have now is AWESOME. Guys are constantly pushing the boundaries, I feel these game scouts with parts missing would just ruin all that, and send us back to the so so costume days.

I do however see the argument for us to carry various sniper rifles after seeing all these reference and have put that across to the legion. The way I see it we have three options to push for

DLT 19 scoped variant and quite possibly the easiest to source

The E11s long scoped version of the standard TK blaster

DC-15x possibly the hardest to build due to the complex barrel

If and I'm sure they will become popular, we have to remember what a scout is, and that is an agile trooper who rides speeders. A sniper is a nice extra to carry on occasions. It really should be capped at events to limited numbers out, the hold out pistol will always be the trues scout weapon

• Like 4

I personally wouldn't want to see a new scout, for me I feel it's just the game designers being lazy and missing details.

I agree. Adding a video game variant would probably just give outsiders the perception someone was costuming as sub-par/inaccurate scout.
  • Like 1

I personally wouldn't want to see a new scout, for me I feel it's just the game designers being lazy and missing details. We have finally got to a stage where we all are getting very close to screen looking scouts after my CRL update. The respect for the scout costume we have now is AWESOME. Guys are constantly pushing the boundaries, I feel these game scouts with parts missing would just ruin all that, and send us back to the so so costume days.

I do however see the argument for us to carry various sniper rifles after seeing all these reference and have put that across to the legion. The way I see it we have three options to push for

If and I'm sure they will become popular, we have to remember what a scout is, and that is an agile trooper who rides speeders. A sniper is a nice extra to carry on occasions. It really should be capped at events to limited numbers out, the hold out pistol will always be the trues scout weapon

I agree. Adding a video game variant would probably just give outsiders the perception someone was costuming as sub-par/inaccurate scout.

I also agree, let´s keep the scout as it is, and let Marcel see, if he can get the 3 weapons on the CRL. I´m sure it wont be a problem, as there are a lot of ref. pics of scouts using different weapons .

So let´s x our fingers - GO Marcel ... ;)

Agree on all, except one thing, and thats a scoped DLT, but thats just me.

• 2 weeks later...

TFU2 "e-11" sniper looks like a DLT-19 with a scope on it honestly in my opinon.

That being said DLT-19 with a scope will also mean it'll be easier and more consistent snipers among scouts as well, instead of the current random snipers that everyone has scratch built that vary in size shape detail etc. So im all for DLT-19s really, that and its a true star wars weapon that at least was seen on screen.

Thats my input and thoughts on the matter.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm anxious to start building one of these, but if a specific one is gonna be added to the CRL, that's what I wanna build. I'm definitely gonna talk with my GML about it. His brother's got a scout sniper rifle that he built years ago and after seeing it in action, I got real jealous. I think one scout sniper per troop should be a rule, but I don't get to troop with that guy very often. There's a lot of scouts in my area now and this would be an awesome way to stand out from the crowd.

My opinion on this... I think the E-11 should be dropped from the conversation. I don't think any of the source pics look like that. DLT-19 makes sense since Sand Troopers already carry it and there's accepted plans out there. The DC-15 would be easier to build because you can start with the body of a Hasbro. Even though Wookiepedia says that's what the scouts have in Battlefront, I really think the screen grabs look more like the DLT.

Just for a weapon options comparrison, or whatever, From BF2.

Heavy weapons troopers, aside from having the same costume CRL as a normal TK, are allowed the following weapons, in the CRL

PTL Missile Launcher

DLT 19

RT-97C

T-21

E-11

SE-14R

And Binoculars, while in the game itself, they only carry a Missile launcher, and scout holdout blaster(Wich they are not allowed in the CRL)

But as it is now, the scout, aint allowed a simple sniper rifle???

Early_zpseea95280.jpg

Re-reading some of the threads I've been saving pictures from, I see that Marcel's rifle is the DC-15x... I had assumed it was the DLT-19. Wookiepedia says that the scouts carry the DC, but I can't recall if it's actually called that in the game itself (I played it a lot, but the last time was probably '08). The bodies of both the DLT and the DC look like the same heavy machine gun base. The barrel and the scope are where they really differ. It looks to me like the one from the game was meant to be the DLT, but it PS2 graphics being what they were, made it look different. That explains the bigger holes in the barrel and the flat edges on the flash hider.

Since it's still only for "non-canon" events, I'd like Marcel to just pick one or the other (easy choice since he's built one) and say that's it. I don't care which. I'm probably still going to use the signpost bars I bought for the barrel (which have differently spaced holes than either). I just want to know which way to make the flash hider, which scope to use, and what to call it when someone asks.

EDIT: I see now, that the DLT-19 is basically just a real world German gun from WWII, the MG34. The DC-15x is the newer model, but basically the same gun only lighter, the MG42. These real world guns look almost identical to the Star Wars versions. Weird. I didn't think to look for them because usually they changed em up for use in "our universe." Also, there aren't any cheap airsoft versions of them, like there are for most real world guns.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EDIT: I see now, that the DLT-19 is basically just a real world German gun from WWII, the MG34. The DC-15x is the newer model, but basically the same gun only lighter, the MG42. These real world guns look almost identical to the Star Wars versions. Weird. I didn't think to look for them because usually they changed em up for use in "our universe." Also, there aren't any cheap airsoft versions of them, like there are for most real world guns.

Actually no. Both the DLT and, in some parts, the DC, is based on the MG/34. And MG/42 is not lighter, but heavier(and a bit wider) than the MG/34.

But I'm just nitpicking :)

Trying to keep the thread alive ;)

• 4 months later...

Unless Scouts are shown with something more/different in one of the new canon series (Episode VII - IX, or the Rebels animated series), it's unlikely anything other than the holdout will be on the CRL. That said, since it only really matters at more "official" troops or ones where strict movie weapons are requested, anything your GML gives the okay on should be fine at most events. I've been carrying an E-11, while I work on one day having a DLT-19 made.

Still strange that there are tonnes of CRL accepted weapons and costumes, from games, but the alternative weapons for scouts from theese same games, are big no no's.