Strapping for armor

pleasum

Hey everyone,

The Lancer spec calls for 1 3/8 elastic strapping on some of the arm armor pieces. I have had zero success finding that including Joann's and searches on Google. I have SC armor and the slots are clearly made to accept that size.

Any ideas? I was told 1 3/8 isn't made and that trimming 1 1/2 down makes it unravel.

Thanks - Paul

I'd suggest that because they use the good old imperial system still, that 1 3/8th is a pretty odd ball size for them.

When 1 1/2 is more common, and is only 3mm wider.

Am I the only one who finds the term "men's suspenders" a little amusing??

Over here...

What we know as suspenders.

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/lingerie/suspenders.html (not safe for work guys).

And what we know as Braces...

http://www.comedykings.co.uk/index.php/music/rock-on-tommy-album

• Like 2

Hehe..."men's suspenders". It does sort of sound funny, eh?! Yeah, 35mm elastic is elusive on this side of the pond. But, the "mens's suspenders" in 35mm do the trick and the elastic is sturdy. Works for me...;)

Thanks you guys. For now I just went with 1-1 /2. I did not widen the slots cut into my armor to accommodate for this but it seems to be okay for now. To me it's not as clean looking because there is some bunching but I'm hoping it will be OK. It's better than if there was a small gap in the slots because I used a smaller size. I like the suspenders idea.