Biker scout helmet build

Jasmine33

Since this was given to me by a friend and the helmet had to be glued and then the seam had to be filled in, and I already had another helmet. I decided to go a different route with the paint job, most of you probably won't like it but it is going to be a display piece from the very beginning any ways. I don't really see myself trooping in a painted helmet I would be to scared to scratch the new paint job up and have to re touch it up. So after and the bondo and sanding I probably put down about 12 coats of krylon plumb purple and another 10 coats of clear. After every five coats I would let it dry over night and then sand it, it took me about six days to finish it up. I didn't have any runs and the finish is as smooth as glass and very glossy. Also since there is no purple decals we hand painted all the decals, he has done so many hand painted TK's that this was a piece of cake. My boyfriend does a little painting on the side so we had a polishing compound that after we were done sanding it brought the shine back and then a little bit of wax and all the swirls were gone. I thought it was worth all the time and I will proudly display it with the rest of my helmet collections of TK, CT and TB! Let me know what you guys think. IMG_9635_zps36e24122.jpg IMG_9636_zpscd306b30.jpg IMG_9637_zps42b1cbbb.jpg IMG_9638_zpsb213e24e.jpg IMG_9639_zpsd72b30fa.jpg IMG_9640_zpse97fe161.jpg IMG_9641_zps8640741e.jpg IMG_9642_zps9725ca1d.jpg IMG_9645_zps348e9da6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...