SC Helmet

Here's what I've got as of now.

Things I need to address still: Get bolts more flushed, clean up glue residue and try and get it a little less crooked.

For whatever reason, one side of the faceplate is pushing off of the helmet more than the other so I had to put velcro straps inside the mask and helmet to keep it down... which is sort of nice but a little bit of a pain in the ass.

Thoughts on progress?

image_zps2094c3c6.jpg

image_zps6765c9bf.jpg

image_zps12f24be2.jpg

image_zps2ef6fb1a.jpg

image_zps357a33cd.jpg

Looking pretty good so far, nice work. It seems to fit you well. Question: did you cut the ear holes, or use the decals?

For my SC shadow scout lid, I made sure the blinder sides lined up with the faceplate. If not, the faceplate will not close. I also glued the blinder sides to the face plate. That helped to keep it more "one-piece-ish".

did you cut the ear holes, or use the decals?

I used the decals. I want to cut the holes but I want to pace myself.

I made sure the blinder sides lined up with the faceplate. If not, the faceplate will not close. I also glued the blinder sides to the face plate. That helped to keep it more "one-piece-ish".

I tried to do that but the faceplate, visor and helmet were all almost invisibly warped in different directions so when I lined them up it seemed fine until I bolted them/glued them etc. As of now, I have glued the visor onto the faceplate as neatly and tightly as possible and will hold onto hope that the rest of the helmet will de-warp into how it should look. Ive also sanded down the edges of the blinders so that they match up as closely as possible to the faceplate.

Looks fine but if you plan to cut out the ears then the decals are upside down, not a big difference tbh but the wider part is to the down position. Also as you have a thin body type and a longish neck maybe ensure the top of the helmet has little or no padding to keep your chin inside the lid.

• 5 weeks later...

How did you position/ keep the dome in place for gluing? I just got this kit and am trying to figure out the best way to tackle it. Also, is there any real way you found the front part of the dome should line up near the pilot holes?