SO EXCITED (SC Build Thread)

HI GUYS!

I got my SC armor in the mail a day or so ago and I decided to get started and I couldnt post here due to the outtage.

So heres where I am:

photo_zps84c28f9b.jpg

here is pre-assembly of the facemask with the painted snout and clips installed. Spent HOURS on cutting out the lens hole.

image-3_zps8e05af88.jpeg

"Final" build of the bucket I will post more pictures for your inspection(s)

image_zps0959faea.jpeg

Armor all laid out. Still working on the hump, I am following Panda trooper's build thread ideas for mounting itwith a L piece of plastic as you can see below

image-1_zpsf30c6040.jpeg

Actually you cant really see it. Its a piece of plastic I cut out of a cd stack cover.

image-2_zps80ab9f00.jpeg

Bells cut to Pandatrooper's specs that look fantastic.

Waiting on soft parts before I put velcro and elastic together.

QUESTIONS:

Is it okay for there to be a gap between the bucket top and the visor/faceplate from above?

Are the helmet bolts that SC provides good for 501st? I painted them Matte grey.

Is the lens SC provides adequate?

GAH I AM SO HAPPY I JUST PUT ON THE HELMET AND I AM STOKED

• Like 1

Awesome, looking good

QUESTIONS:

Is it okay for there to be a gap between the bucket top and the visor/faceplate from above?

Are the helmet bolts that SC provides good for 501st? I painted them Matte grey.

Is the lens SC provides adequate?

1. Yes, as long as it's not a horrible gap.

2. Yes, the bolts are good.

3. Yes, the lens is perfect.

Thanks everyone!! The utility belt that I got from SC had a crooked center box (by about 1cm) and he was super awesome enough to send me a replacement belt so I am waiting on pretty much that and my jumpsuit from Chunk and then I will be able to assemble. I haven't even begun to worry about the Boots. I honestly am not sure how I am going to be able to do them and I cant afford to commission someone.

Can anyone vouch for a boot build's simplicity?

Personally, I would only trim that visor a little less than the pencil line. The gap will be too big if you trim to the line. Check out this photo from a screen used helmet as a guide.

http://www.bikerscout.net/forum/uploads/1155956514/med_gallery_1_13_445302.jpg

In regards to the boots, for me they were fairly labor intensive but not that hard to do especially if you can sew the velcro on yourself. Just follow the tutorial and take your time.

Ya, the SC helmet face plate sort of needs to line up with the visor/blinder. You can see the faceplate plastic underneath. I had this same issue with my SC lid and just made sure both curves lined up. As mentioned, you could trim it a bit but be careful.

The trouble is that if I line them up exactly, the facemask and visor dont line up on the sides and would require significantly more cutting to get it to work. Ill try and even it all out. I had quite a few problems having the helmet actually fit together.

• 2 weeks later...

Always line up the visor and the faceplate by the hinge bolt holes. Trim and modify the rest of the parts where need be. The hinge holes are crucial.

This is a kit, so some tweaking for fit-and-finish should be expected.

We literally make this stuff in our garage, so the accuracy of us cutting these parts from the flashing with a bandsaw can get tricky.

Anyone that feels they got a 'wacked' out part, like rainfly did with his center belt buckle... let me know. Sometimes we are in a rush and Quality Control doesn't catch something and a poor part gets shipped out.

• Like 3