Balaclava

bjsavage7

I know the balaclava is a requirement because we know the Scouts wore them under their helmets, but I've noticed some scouts wearing ninja-style balaclavas that cover most of their face.

Most people don't worry much about details that can not be seen under a helmet or underneath armor, but we do actually see a full balaclava in the movie and it is open-faced. Notice the captured rebel trooper:

NikSant_zps9a41727d.png

So what do you guys think?

Should an open-faced balaclava be required?

The ones most of us use are the "ninja style" ones. I just pull mine just over my chin. they are pretty stretchy and its not uncomfortable at all. I can even put it under my chin, but then my skin can show to a little kid looking up at me, so i always put it just over my chin/under my lip.

• Like 1

I wear an Under Armor balaclava. It is the coldgear & made for winter, but I wear it year long. Very thin & comfy. I just purchaced a generic UA style form eBay this week for under $15. UA is expensive & normally run about $30 This mask can be worn over the mouth like the pic or pulled down to be worn under the chin. I wear mine over the mouth, very breathable & comfy.

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_4952wt_1399

I sport the Schampa balaclava which is super stretchy and can be worn either way. Personally, I pull it just over my lower chin. I have worn it "ninja style" but it ended up getting moist from trooper breathing! ;) Although I've got some facial hair, nothing like Nik Sant (the rebel scout actor) above. Perhaps they exposed more of his face so you would know "hey, that's Nik Sant". No idea...plus he's got some bulky facial hair going on! :)

NikSant-ROTJ.png