Is this too much weathering?

Natural weathering and scuffs for the back of my tank

I tried the natural weathering, but some hiw ended uo with orange, green, red & blue marks. I wet sanded it all off the other day for pictures. Now Im too clean.

It is pretty weathered but it doesn't look bad. Not that anyone asked, but my personal view on weathering is that, for almost all troops, if the Empire were to send us as representatives to say a hospital, or event at a bookstore, or anywhere else in public, then they would not be sending the dirty armor troopers just out of battle. We'd be expected to put on our shiny clean armor to represent the Empire. For that reason I don't personally believe in weathering my armor. But like I said, no one asked :)

I get the opposite response. People usually say something like, "man, you sure look like you've seen a lot of action," to which I reply (with a smile) "I work for a living."

People love a dirty trooper who "has been in the fight."

But, to each their own.

That said, EvilScout would be absolutely welcome in the Mountain Garrison. We love dirty troopers. :)

I tried the natural weathering, but some how ended up with orange, green, red & blue marks. I wet sanded it all off the other day for pictures. Now I'm too clean.

Try water based acrylic paint. My favorites are Polly Scale "Mud" and "Grimy Black." Mix it in a small pump sprayer with ammonia-based glass cleaner (Windex.) Spray on, let it seep into the cracks and recesses. Wipe off excess with toilet paper (not paper towels.) Paper towels leave patterned prints.

If you get too much weathering, clean it off with more Windex or a Mr. Clean sponge. If you want deeper scratches for the paint to seep into, screatch it with a rock or rough sandpaper.