Is this too much weathering?

Lol I could never weather my scout.I cant stand getting 1 scratch on it.as soon as I see tht 1 paint scratch I grab the brasso and clean it up.I'm to ocd for tht lol

It is pretty weathered but it doesn't look bad.

Not that anyone asked, but my personal view on weathering is that, for almost all troops, if the Empire were to send us as representatives to say a hospital, or event at a bookstore, or anywhere else in public, then they would not be sending the dirty armor troopers just out of battle. We'd be expected to put on our shiny clean armor to represent the Empire. For that reason I don't personally believe in weathering my armor. But like I said, no one asked :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think it looks really good. A bit more than I would personally do on the helmet, but that's my preference. I will be weathering mine as well as I like the look of a seasoned Scout. :)

Check out the weathering on the Scout who was battling with Leia (Mr. Treestump):

scout_weathering_zps540157ec.png

Yeah, bit much for me....

You have to think where things would weather naturally. Knees, Boots, recesses etc.

You can make a serious contrast on your weathering by just rubbing over the high spots to take some of the weathering off.....

IF you want to that is. It's your costume after all and if you like it. you keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

I used black as it matched the screen weathering. I'm sure a case could be made for brown, etc. In reality I'd think we'd have grass stains and splattered bugs all over our fronts.

• 1 year later...

Looks great! I'm going with natural weathering. I troop hard! I'll get in the dirt with kids, get knocked around by crowds and everything I can to get the armor beat up and dirty.