Centuri's SC Armour Build

I have switched focus to the soft parts now that i have most of my armour complete. I want to have the jump suit and cummerbund done before i strap up the main body armour.

I made a pattern for the Cummerbund from paper using patterns found on the forums. I made several modifications to fit me correctly. the final size for the main part is 35 inches wide (plus 2 inch overlap) and 11 inches high, with the cod piece being 9 inches high and 9 inches wide at the top.

hers the test fit.

eju0267q1f4j7094g.jpg

nf9382am5r5jr5g4g.jpg

khhoc0tzr5aqaz34g.jpg

Great way to prototype! :)

I see you use 7 stitch lines on the bund, you can also use 6 if you want to, makes it a bit slimmer and it will probably be easier for you to get the pouches to hang in line with the stitch lines.

CRL: [cummerbund] Has 6 or 7 vertical stitch lines producing 5 or 6 raised ribs (troopers choice) of equal width stitched into the front between where two fabric pouches are connected.

Oh crap ...your coming in 5 weeks ......Cen do the 5 panels, I did logans with 5 and his pockets look (what Patrick said) better, and if you look closely that is what it is in the photos. not to worry if you dont mine is 6 panels never got around to redoing mine. I have to chase you up too if you guys are coming to the mixer as well. I'm handling that one.

BTW god I love your work!

while waiting on my flightsuit and cummberbund to get made, I have a few more things to sort out.

heres my TD connection.

I made a bracket out of ABS sheet which will fit right around the belt and connects to the inside of the TD box with 4 magnet housings.

Very secure yet simple to take on and off.

I'd be interested in others feedback on this, and also if there are any issues with this passing Lancer approval.

d5infcskebbdvvw4g.jpg

b2le5bnwktcw35h4g.jpg

un2cacvgox3b2hk4g.jpg

Thanks patrik :)

after a test fit, I found the magents - even with 4 of them - weren't safe enough to hold the TD. it was still prone to being pulled off or caught on something and yanked free.

My solution was to replace the top 2 magnets with snaps, and this makes a much more secure connection.

here is the final butt-bracket - it has become arather complex piece! the top 2 snaps connect to the inside of the TD. the centre snap secures it to the belt, and the 2 snaps on the sides are for the drop box webbing connections.

crw3ctjlajms0vm4g.jpg

heres the bracket connected to the inside velcro closure with a single snap dome, simply to hold it in place.

1q8ryz0vbqukjtp4g.jpg

m7z8f7pbc1d9d1a4g.jpg

the bracket then fits into the TD. the webbing forthe belt boxes snap in to the back of the bracket and hidden from view.

pc5cp3tqyrd74ls4g.jpg

9j1jbvcw3uojg274g.jpg

now to connect the webbing to the plastic belt. I didn't want to just use a rivet - however I will end up adding one for Lancer approval.

I used the same method as my other strapping, with 2 loops made from ABS sheet and a 50mm Tri-glide.

ygzhhitqt98qljt4g.jpg

I sewed some 50mm elastic onto the end of the webbing. this will be hidden from view inside the belt, and mean that the belt will give a little when I am wearing it.

n2aalng1ohoguek4g.jpg

because the centre back of the belt is essentially fixed due to the snap connecting the belt and the TD, its good to have and alternative adjustment at each side.

heres the complete rear belt assembly:

e431yt0y9b9wlmf4g.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest maseone

gday mate.. nice meeting you at armageddon today...looked thru your build thread and looks like it will get me inspired to finish up...!!! cheers again.. mase..

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work, congrats on approval