Update and TD clips?

Ok guys its been awhile and I'm finally almost done!I need to resew my bund, get the right gloves, and attatch the suede(not attempting the suede atm).I took my scout for a test drive the other day.It was really cool.so many kids were smiling and I snapped some pics with em. had a cummerbund made but its a tad too small sk I'm remaking it and I also noticed the TD kept wanting to fall off.I think I need some better clips any reccomendations?

Sounds nice Donovan ;)

Well, I have bought some money-clips, which I´m going to put on the TD. My dad is going to paint them black for me.

Right now, I only got the plastic clips from SC, and those are not holding it good enough - the kids can easily pull it of the belt, if they want.

But as Patrik writes to you, there is a lot of different ways to do it - try look at Pandatroopers build, he got magnets on his TD and belt ^_^

I have a small square of ABS on the backside of mine (secured with the zip tie). On that piece, I have Velcro in the center and (2) aluminum clips that I made from some sheet aluminum. Those are riveted to the ABS plate and help to hold the TD in place on my belt. It works for me.

Here's a pic from my Shadow Scout TD:

IMG_4055b_zps33f49b2a.jpg

I would highly discourage anyone from using magnets for the TD. It bounces around too much and would constantly fall off, even with the use of RE magnets. Not to mention if you bump into anything youd have to check to make sure your TD didnt fall off. Stick with the clips :bikerscout:

I'm using the crappy sc plastic clips (no offense Jeff lol) I might think about getting some money clips but I thought somebody on here sold some td clips

Or check for Makita clips, like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-BELT-CLIP-fits-BHP452-BHP454-BTD141-BDF452HW-LXT211-Brand-New-Authentic-/330901861588?pt=Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item4d0b49b4d4 . You just need some kind of Dremel tool, a drill (or in my case 4, drill sloooowly I learnt after a while), 4 screws with bolts and washers and some black paint :)

I have these and the TD stays put, even with people bumping in to me.

• 1 month later...

Dude, make your own clips. I just made some fir a TK thermal det. Found some scrap aluminum pieces in the garage. Bent, filed edges & drilled in less than 5min. I realize I made these for a diffrent costume. But you wouldnt have to put the curve in them, so even quicker to make.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok guys its been awhile and I'm finally almost done!I need to resew my bund, get the right gloves, and attatch the suede(not attempting the suede atm).I took my scout for a test drive the other day.It was really cool.so many kids were smiling and I snapped some pics with em. had a cummerbund made but its a tad too small sk I'm remaking it and I also noticed the TD kept wanting to fall off.I think I need some better clips any reccomendations?

Screw clips….. Zip ties hidden in the detonator have NEVER failed me.