Scout electrobinoculars?

Gaunt899

What kind of electrobinoculars does the scouts use?I thought to make one similar to the one used by the sandtroopers in ANH but i think its kinda ''big'' for a scout.I saw someone uses a black compact version (i dont remeber well) similar to that

tumblr_m3zmfz5zbr1rqe3j0o1_1280.jpg

If someone have pics...

thank u

Thats an artist rending of the Radica Sub Assault hand held video game. The Sandtroopers used to modify the game as macrobinocs back in the day before people started making more accurate binoc kits. I have two myself.

Scottyscout004_zps2addc07f.jpg

bs2_zps70aeaf1c.jpg

binocsfnt.jpg

You can find them for sale on the forums couple times a year or you can search eBay. They normally run about $30. They come in two diffrent colors. A brown camo or a gray camo paint job. Just repaint & add greeblies of your choice. The pics with me in the them are of a "built up" one I purchased this year on the forums. The close up is one I made a few years back. Very easy to convert. The one I made I used plubming parts, & Legos, I used a 7-Up bottle for the lense.

Just checked right now. There are sevral for sale around $20 with free shipping. Punch in Radica Sub Assault

Been finished for a few months now. Have sevral troops in it & a "modified Sniper Scout" version of it. Working on a Snow Scout now. Will be done with that one in a few days.

Sorry for the off topic hi jack :huh:

• Like 1

The difference in the gloves is more to do with the artist creating light and shadow instead of two different gloves. Even though it is not screen accurate it has always been my favorite rendering of a scout. For all intents and purposes, this is what a scout would do. In the muck, hunched down with rations and his weapon. Had I not moved 1300 miles from my tattoo artist, this was my next tattoo, screen inaccuracies and all.

As for the electrobinoculars, Doopydoo's makes a great set or parts to mod the Sub Assault game. Sadly, they are too big to fit in our pouches. Since they aren't cannon though, I am sure someone could mod some small binoculars or even a hand held range finder.

• 1 month later...