Cucblack's decals

I need someone's opinion here. I have some rough spots on my helmet and before I try to sand em and repaint, I thought I should have new decals in hand. I know everyone says Trooperbay's the place to get em, but I thought I'd save a couple of bucks and order from Cucblack... I assume it's him. It's bountytrooper from bolivia on ebay.

The grey he uses is much darker than the decals I got with my KS kit. I'll be replacing all of them, so they'll all match, but I don't think I want to use these at all. Here they are, pictured with the leftover KS decals.

decals2.jpg

That's a big difference in color! So, if you are thinking of buying decals from ebay for $9.99 with free shipping, don't. Go to Trooperbay and spend $14.99 +shipping. And cucblack, if you see this, please let us know when/if you get this corrected. Thanks.

Yea your right...too dark...but KS's are too light lol. I threw my KS ones in the trash and used Trooperbay's except for the hook which i used mine :)

Trooperbay's hook is fine, just a little too skinny in comparison with the screen used. I think Trooperbay and MC's are about the same .

I've got friends at Kinkos who give me all the vinyl scraps I need, and a friend with a plotter who can cut any shape. I can't make the ones with 2 colors. Uhrg. I'll probably just try my best to mask those when I get around to working on the helmet.

Heh yea...i have a vinyl cutter as well...but like you i dont have the means to print on the vinyl. So i can make all the shapes as well but thats it. i was thinking of doing them layered so the black lines would be on top of the grey (or vise versa) but i dunno if people would be interested in that. I would probably make them less $$ than trooperbay as they would be more of a budget thing and not 100% accurate being layered like that...but again....not sure if anyone would be interested in that.

I need someone's opinion here. I have some rough spots on my helmet and before I try to sand em and repaint, I thought I should have new decals in hand. I know everyone says Trooperbay's the place to get em, but I thought I'd save a couple of bucks and order from Cucblack... I assume it's him. It's bountytrooper from bolivia on ebay.

The grey he uses is much darker than the decals I got with my KS kit. I'll be replacing all of them, so they'll all match, but I don't think I want to use these at all. Here they are, pictured with the leftover KS decals.

decals2.jpg

That's a big difference in color! So, if you are thinking of buying decals from ebay for $9.99 with free shipping, don't. Go to Trooperbay and spend $14.99 +shipping. And cucblack, if you see this, please let us know when/if you get this corrected. Thanks.

You are right. The gray is darker like original, my supplier don't had a better color.

I corrected this detail and now I made new decals: new design and color

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After one troop and two weeks in a helmet bag, the black lines on the back are peeling up. I gotta replace those in the next three days before I go to DragonCon. Thanks Cucblack!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...