Scout Build for BH-15173

Hi everyone. I am about to start working on the soft parts for Josh's (BH-15173) Scout...

I've been studying the reference photos, patterns, and the CRL... I just wanted to get a thread started for it...

-So far, we have:

-the fabrics and notions for The "Diaper".. as I have heard it called....., the pouches, the vest

-Boots (which I will be carving the soles, and doing the vinyl)

- Boot vinyl

- The Flight suit

- Gloves

-SC Scout kit including helmet

-Blaster

We still need to get the suede for the thigh/crotch patches, butt flap and for the fingers on the gloves.

I'll keep you guys updated on how things are going.... :blink:

You and Josh will have a blast with this one Niki. Your awesome sewing and costume skills are going to do this one up right. All my best to you and Josh and cheers from NTX! :)

• Like 1

I gladly welcome the critique... I want this costume to be approved on it's first submission. Josh's Fett and my Boushh (in 501st and RL) were both approved on their first submissions... so no need to change things... and thanks for the kind words on my costumes! They don't call me the Mad Seamstress for nothin!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: We are visiting David Dewka Campbell TI-4019 in Baton Rouge Louisiana right now, and we have turned his house into an exploded Scout crime scene.

-the fabrics and notions for The "Diaper".. as I have heard it called....., the pouches, the vest (We now have all the fabrics, and I have started drafting patterns with the fabulous help from PandaTrooper's build thread... That info has been indispensable.)

-Boots (which I will be carving the soles, and doing the vinyl) (No progress)

- Boot vinyl (No progress)

- The Flight suit (We have the "Red Kap" suit. I removed the original collar, all the pockets, I am in the process of shortening and narrowing the legs, and the sleeves. On the sleeve ends, I opened up the seam and will attach velcro for a tighter closure inside the gloves. Josh had issues with this on his Fett flight suit and hates overly baggy sleeves that need to be tucked into gauntlet style gloves. I am going to take the fabric removed from the bottom of the legs and fashion the proper collar. I chose to do this instead of using a different fabric, and risk not having the fabric texture and color match. I am just concerned about an additional seam not being approvable. )

- Gloves (The gloves are motorcycle gloves Josh found online. I removed the 5th and 6th row of ribbing on the top of each hand and ironed and steamed the leather back to flat, so you can't tell that it was altered. I also removed the inside padding and lining on the gloves.. They were REALLY PUFFY. )

-SC Scout kit including helmet (Josh and Dewka finished the helmet in just a few hours. The body armor is going together now... The back plate is finished. I just have to catch up on my portions to keep this project moving at the same pace... )

-Blaster (Josh got the blaster from a guy in Australia via the forums.. He is still working on it... it is painted black matte right now, but the scope is not attached yet. He needs to get the proper screws to attach it. He had to remove the trigger guard that was molded with the gun because it flexed too much, So he and Dewka fashioned another one out of a strip of aluminum and it does not flex at all. )

We still need to get the suede for the thigh/crotch patches, butt flap and for the fingers on the gloves. (No progress)