KS helmet and armor

blitz1027

Okay so the SC kit will fit someone between 5'6" and 6'3". What body size will the KS fit?

I'm 6"2...so I'd say about the same. Again, it's just not as accurate as SC armor.

I'm 6"2...so I'd say about the same. Again, it's just not as accurate as SC armor.

Yeah after looking at the two I can see some differences. The part that worries me the most about building it myself is the chest/back armor and hump. I'm reasonably sure I could put the rest together.

Zack, I just received a set of SC armor. I'm going to use Pandatrooper's build with SC armor. It is filled with a lot of great tips, starting with attaching the back hump to the back armor.

http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=9781

BTW i'm from Louisiana too.

Zack, I just received a set of SC armor. I'm going to use Pandatrooper's build with SC armor. It is filled with a lot of great tips, starting with attaching the back hump to the back armor.

http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=9781

BTW i'm from Louisiana too.

Thanks Landeaux. I'm really starting to lean towards SC. So that's the way I will probably go.

The KS armor as a whole isn't bigger. Some pieces of KS are a little bigger (the tank topper is about 50% larger). I think the lines are crisper on the SC armor, but the big difference is the return edge. Almost every piece of KS armor has a 1/4"-1/2" edge that makes the armor stick out from the suit. It's more accurate, but it makes the armor seem bulkier. Pandatrooper's build has a tutorial on how to add that edge to the SC armor if you really want it. That return edge on the shoulder bells makes it tough to curve the bottom corner without it looking odd.

To add to what Chris mentioned: the KS hang boxes are totally oversized and the KS shoulders are shaped wrong. Also, the greeblies and t-bits that ship with the armor are horribly inaccurate. Anyone going the KS armor route will need to replace these items.

To add to what Chris mentioned: the KS hang boxes are totally oversized and the KS shoulders are shaped wrong. Also, the greeblies and t-bits that ship with the armor are horribly inaccurate. Anyone going the KS armor route will need to replace these items.

To be fair, SC's shoulders are wrong too, but it's easier to correct em.

So would those have to be changed for basic approval or is that just for lancer?

• 11 months later...
Yeah if ur a smaller body type lean towards sc or mc.I'm 5'2 And Ican almost wear the armor with no mods.(chest, back, belt, and shoulder bells are a little big but nothin bad) but if u r bigger try ks.

Hi,

I just joined this forum.

I'm of the same height as you, and of small build.

I'm looking at the armors from the 3 main suppliers (SC, KS, MC), and I need it custom made to fit my size. I do not have the equipment or skills to modify it myself.

Have spoken to them, and kinda like SC for his willingness to custom make it (though have to wait for winter as he will not do less than a full costume now).

Was your armor custom made by SC with you giving your measurements at point of the order, and with no mod needed upon shipment?