Jancelot's SC build

Hello all! I've had my kit for a few months was working on a newborn son project for a while. :) Starting on the helmet and should make good progress at a garrison armor party in a couple weeks.

What type of bondo/putty do you recommend for the dome/back join?

I was starting to paint the snout, but will likely back off and paint the whole helmet white first due to the bondo/putty.

Also, I have a somewhat larger head so I'm thinking of picking up a KS* bucket as well. If someone can send the contact info my way I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

IMG_3481Medium_zps8778e6a5.jpg

* EDIT: previously KC

If you're talking about a KS bucket, isn't that what's in the picture? It looks like it to me. Never heard of a KC bucket so I couldn't tell you.

• 1 month later...

Full speed ahead on this suit now. Jumpsuit arrived today, boots acquired, blaster ordered, and gloves on the way.

Doing my best to target Lancer status.

IMG_3749_zps61cc0533.jpg

IMG_3747_zps51bc54cf.jpg

IMG_3750_zps8e859b1c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress continues. Undersuit received, pockets removed, suede ordered, and collar flap added.

IMG_3838Medium_zps8db7d32b.jpg

IMG_3839Medium_zpsd6ff103f.jpg

I'm following Pandatrooper's fantastic build thread for my assembly. Tank is complete.

A bit heavy on the glue...

IMG_3751Medium_zpsad982646.jpg

IMG_3771Medium_zpsa27d7798.jpg

IMG_3789Medium_zps96a7b81a.jpg

IMG_3788Medium_zpsef213659.jpg

Elastics in place except for the top knee strap. Heading over to the fabric store today.

IMG_3840Medium_zps4dbf0e80.jpg

Thank you, gentlemen!

Started the boots proper. Following the tutorial from TJ (a.k.a. jeezycreezy a.k.a. TB-4210).

IMG_3852Medium_zpsde8b1029.jpg

IMG_3853Medium_zps34c58efd.jpg

IMG_3862Medium_zpsf0f86c39.jpg

IMG_3863Medium_zps167a0a28.jpg

Kropserkel blaster showed up today as well.

IMG_3865Medium_zps076947ae.jpg

Make sure you stretch the vinyl over the toe of the boot. From what you're showing, it could use a bit more stretching.

Otherwise, keep it up!

Thanks! Yes, that first shot was just the initial placement. No heat or stretching. Below is a shot after the first round. One or two more rounds should do it.

Not much else done today except for a trip to the fabric store for various elastic supplies.

IMG_3868Medium_zps99e09d46.jpg

I think the holes look about right. You don't wanna make them too big.

Just out of curiosity, how much vinyl did you end up using on your boots?

Thanks, guys. Looking at the reference photos I think I will make it just a bit bigger. Perhaps a couple mm on each edge.

BJ, I ordered a yard of the vinyl, but ended up using about 2/3. That said, the initial blocks I cut for the toes were probably oversized, but I didn't want to cut too small and waste it entirely.

Glueing the toes tonight so I should have boots completed by Monday. Cummerbund, pouches and flak vest should be here tomorrow and I'll do a test fitting. Next up is the belt.

Thanks, Chris. I'm terrible at estimating how much of that stuff to use. I always get way too much. lol And, yeah, I take back my initial assessment of your ear openings after taking a good look. You and Jim are right; they could be just a bit wider. Can't wait to see your test fitting. :)

I haven't made as much progress as hoped but still chugging along. Working on the suede patches, elastic, etc on the under suit with a seamstress.

Boots are almost complete. Waiting for the glue on the calf pieces to dry then the wishbone covers will go on.

[IMG_3888Medium_zps3756234e-1.jpg

IMG_3889Medium_zps4e82319e-1.jpg

IMG_3892Medium_zps0228fb53.jpg

IMG_3893Medium_zps5ea98cfc.jpg

IMG_3895Medium_zps2995218f-1.jpg

IMG_3896Medium_zpsfd789b65-1.jpg

Helmet visor section complete. Need to paint my 3M bolt gray. Also slightly enlarged the vents. Will move to interior work next before final assembly.

IMG_3897Medium_zps3fe3f7a7-1.jpg

Cummerbund and flak vest arrived.

IMG_3883Medium_zps460458a6-1.jpg

For the shoulder bridge sewed a double sided loop velcro strip. Then I added a small rectangle of hook to the inside of my bridges to strengthen placement. They should not be going anywhere. :)

IMG_3873Medium_zps6c70eae4-1.jpg

IMG_3876Medium_zps62cf20a0-1.jpg

Okay, getting around to the fun stuff. Test fit! But first the jumpsuit. It's hard to see in this photo, but I need to adjust the elastic strap on the left leg. It's a bit too low in the back and a bit too loose.

And obviously I made a wreck of trying to velcro up the cummerbund. Need to shorten the elastic crotch strap on that as well.

Thoughts?

IMG_3898Medium_zps7e0ad2ac.jpg

IMG_3899Medium_zps3c4e2c20.jpg

IMG_3903Medium_zpsddd1876a.jpg

IMG_3908Medium_zps827128fa.jpg

IMG_3912Medium_zpsc8e39d4d.jpg

IMG_3906Medium_zps560012c3.jpg

IMG_3909Medium_zpsd58d8bbb.jpg

+1, closely watching I will be :D

Thanks, all. More progress today. Spent most of the time on shaping a few pieces: shoulders, forearms and belt. Getting down to the small items and adjustment phase.

Boots are done (sans holster of course):

IMG_4000Medium_zps4014aeda.jpg

Shoulders trimmed and shaped:

IMG_4021Medium_zps7e283e18.jpg

IMG_4025Medium_zps0e0be63f.jpg

Belt pieces shaped. Forearms trimmed and ready for a new return edge:

IMG_4024Medium_zpsc7dadbb1.jpg

Painted a band of black inside the helmet. Picked up some additional washers and bolts to use with the 3M ones. Also trimmed the round part off the 3M bolt so it will sit flush:

IMG_3975Medium_zpsb4bf4882.jpg

IMG_3992Medium_zps44a5f2da.jpg

IMG_3996Medium_zpsbbc8de4b.jpg

IMG_3997Medium_zpsd355580b.jpg

A bit of E6000 around the top between the visor and the face plate.

IMG_4022Medium_zps0e42e958.jpg

Glued a bit of foam inside the knees to keep the bottom lip from digging in to my shins. A tip I brought over from my snowie. I've loosened the bottom straps as well.

IMG_3999Medium_zps22ff492c.jpg