Sanding Armor

I have been trying to search the forums for the answer to this, but searching these forums is not as easy as it looks.

Can someone give me a brief run down of how I should be sanding my armor that i just recieved? Should I use sand paper (what grit) or a nail filer? Special Techniques for rounding the edges?

I would just like to know this information before I get started because, we all know this armor is not cheap and it does take time to replace if I mess up so better to be cautious and knowledgable then to dive right into it.

Thanks,

What kind of armour did you receive? If it's just sanding at the edges, get yourself some 220 grit sandpaper and some wood/plastic files.

The only parts I sand are the edges to keep them smooth. I use a Fine, 200 grit sanding sponge from Lowes.

Works great for most projects...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_68461-98-SSG-F_0__?productId=4184877&Ntt=sanding+sponge&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsanding%2Bsponge&facetInfo=

Yup, depending on what needs doing...

if it requires trimming down, then I suggest using something like Lexan scissors, or Aviation snips, to get the rough shape, then I use a harsh grit paper like 38-40 grit to cut to the correct shape, then sand smooth using 120 grit or finer.

If your armour is already the correct shape, and you just need to clean the edges up a bit. Like the above say, 240 grit or there abouts...

Hope this helps,

Rob

Yeah, with SC, you might have to just sand the edges a little bit. Probably not much though. I barely needed to touch-up mine at all.

Darts suggestion of using 220 grit sandpaper and some wood/plastic files is a solid recommendation Round off any sharp edges where they might poke you while wearing the armor, sand any sharp edge smooth for the same reason, and use the files to clean up any distortion in the webbing holes.