Chunk's Scout Carbine

After seeing a few concept pictures with the Scouts engaged in combat with a carbine & sniper rifle. I wanted a rifle for non cannon troops & self photographs. I purchased a Hyperfirm DLT-19, but this did not feel right, too long & bulky. To me it didn't fit the costume. As the scouts are an advanced infantry unit who are lightly armored & constantly on the go. I thought a carbine would be better suited to the Imperial Scout Trooper. So I modified a Clone Blaster with Nerf collapsable stock, & added some pvc pipe & sprinkler parts to the scope. I'll add the scope lenses & few more greeblies tomorrow. I will also fill in all the screw holes with bondo. Not sure yet, but mite add a bipod to the underside of the barrel. I kept the original scope & magazine because they make sounds when removed or reattached. The blaster also makes original Star Wars blaster sounds when the trigger is pulled.

I picked up the clone customizable blaster few years ago at Target for $9.00, & the pvc & was under $3.00. The greeblies I got from my garrage, I save all neat little pieces to use in future projects.

Will paint & weather later on in the week. Will post completed pics......

sc_zps16022cd5.jpg

sc4_zps74d13da4.jpg

Spent the day finishing up my carbine. I filled in the holes with bondo, added windage/elevation knobs, & made the lenses out of plexiglass & a 7Up bottle. And sanded the whole thing. If it's warm tomorrow I'll paint & weather it.

sc1d_zpsd2b7e049.jpg

sc1a_zps6a3ca49b.jpg[/b] sc1e_zps58380969.jpg sc1c_zps461872a8.jpg sc1b_zps1585cdf4.jpg

Thanks Heidi,

Really love modifing blasters. My next project is a wookie bowcaster. I was able to find the same model Horton Safari Crossbow used in the original Star Wars. Just need to figure out the front sights & it will all come togeher.

Jim,

Have you seen the movie "Hunter Prey"? they took off the shelf Nerf guns & repainted. Couple added scopes. One of the bounty hunters is wearing a TK chest plate & shoulder bell. The Centurion's seem to be wearing mod'd Mando helmets. Check it out & let me know what else you see in there.

• 3 months later...