Red Kap suit mod?

jyjellyfish77

Here's a picture of my red kap suit on me. I think I'm going to have to take in some parts like the legs. I was going to work on the riding patch today, put on the suit, and figured it was a bit wide. Top to bottom it's fine, but on the sides and legs it feels a bit loose.

I held the elastic on the thighs and it buckled a lot.

Thoughts???

1e363de0d4917aae50dcdff947a549f8.jpg

Looking good. I modified my Redkap by taking the legs in about 3/4 of an inch. That keeps it from looking too baggy. Beyond that, I just took the pockets off and made a collar mod to make it look more accurate.

• Like 1

Looking good. I modified my Redkap by taking the legs in about 3/4 of an inch. That keeps it from looking too baggy. Beyond that, I just took the pockets off and made a collar mod to make it look more accurate.

Thanks Jim, the pockets are done. I'll have to take the legs in. Crotch to shoulders it's good.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking at using this for a snow scout:

http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B00AQ4F334

Would this work? It doesn't come with pockets, so I was thinking of using some of the extra fabric on the legs for the collar mod. Possibly buying one a longer size, just to make sure I have extra material.

(I realize that snow scouts are now on BF, but the experts on the goods are here. I'm hoping you all can point me in the right direction. Thanks!)

• 1 month later...
Guest hel0wrench
I'm looking at using this for a snow scout: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B00AQ4F334 Would this work? It doesn't come with pockets, so I was thinking of using some of the extra fabric on the legs for the collar mod. Possibly buying one a longer size, just to make sure I have extra material. (I realize that snow scouts are now on BF, but the experts on the goods are here. I'm hoping you all can point me in the right direction. Thanks!)

Just make sure that a longer leg doesn't mess with the proportions on the rest of the suit. I'm thinking the crotch might be longer and it might taper down differently. I only say that because I've seen over-alls have longer proportions with a longer leg.