Bigger Scout needing advice

Stroker

So I have read a many post on diffrent kits and what not. But I cant seem to find one for a guy my size. I'd just like to know what bucket and armor kit to buy. Really I would like all the advice I can get. I'm selling off my Ghostbusters Proton pack to build this dream. So I'm 6'5 athletic built, broad shoulders,monkey arms, and a jug head. Knock me out guys with advice,you can even make fun of my monkey arms. I just wanna get it right.

Umm sc is the biggest to my knowledge(firs up to 6'3) but with modifications it may be possible(don't take my exact word for it) I'm a small scout so I'm not 100% sure.bucket wise I believe ks is the largest since u say u have a big head I would avoid sc for the bucket.I hope this may help some

Hey any help is great! As for the bucket I was going for fiberglass as the rest of my prop helmets are. I don't care for the vaccformed helmets,never have. I was told SC has a pretty nice armor kit,also the chest piece is a bit bigger than everybody else's,is that a fact? I just wanna now who's kits run on the bigger side and what my best options are being am a bit taller and bulkier than the average scout.

You're probably gonna have to squeeze your melon into a KS bucket. Right now, it's the largest out there. The only other fiberglass helmet is the MLC and it's small. I've got a 24" head and it's too tight for me.

As for the armour, KS is the largest, by far. SC (if you can get it) would also be good for a dude like yourself.

Dart Really ks is the largest armor?ive been told it would be good for me becuz I'm small.

Nope, it's the largest version...but the least accurate too. I sport a total KS setup and I'm 6"2, 180 lbs. The kit requires some mods to get it looking good, but the helmet also has the most room.

i'm a big guy too 6'1 and 260 with a gut (i'm working on it) i use SC armor and bucket the problem i had with the chest and back armor was it felt like it was riding too high since the shoulders pretty much have to meet, so i went and got some ABS plastic like a plastic no parking sign or something to that effect, i measured the width of the front and back parts where the shoulder meets cut a length the same width and glued it on the bottom kind of like this (front --> - _ -<-- back) but plastic, that dropped the chest almost 4 inches so now it fits right, then i covered the gap with bondo and sanded to finish, once i was done i got some small hinges at home depot then cut the middle and added the hinge so now my armor will swing when putting it on, if you want i can take pictures to show you just pm me so i know.

There are other fibreglass buckets too.

The big problem with GRP buckets is the main bucket opening. Because fibreglass is pretty solid, the is no 'give' in this area to allow you to squeeze your head in.

So this is the critical size you need to know.

Once past this, even the biggest head should fit inside most buckets.

I've a 57cm head and it fits inside my GRP bucket.

I've found SC is one of the biggest armour makes, I think KS is pretty big too.

Jim

dang ik its the least accurate but didn't know it was the largezt.u pernicious sumtin new everyday I guess :P

Ya, out of the box but can look good with mods. I'm currently building a Shadow Scout using SC armor and it actually fits me really well. Although I have more room in KS, the SC is really nice. I plan to redo my setup in white SC this summer. Chef has some really nice armor too...

Great info guys,I'm thinking of going with a KS helmet and I had been looking at the SC armor for a while. My wife refreshed my memory about fiberglass helmets and my accident at SDCC 08 when I got a little hot in my Master Chief helmet and had a hell of a time trying to get it off. I chatted with a guy over at SC and gave him all my measurtments and said I shoudnt have a problem,so I guess we'll see. I also got in touch with KS. So if you guys have anything else you wanna throw atme,go ahead.

sc is really good and jeff os a great guy.ships pretty fast but orders are really slow atm but overall i would reccomend him
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

im a bigger Scout too, 5'8, 250lb. I use MC armor & most people here whould gag. But I use a modified Don Post helmet. This has plenty of room for my melon. It looks good & Im happy with it. Im on the far right.

sg1_zps255ecef3.jpg