Opinions on the NewImage58 v2 bucket

Look's ok... price is a bit mental.

I'm sure there are others out there which are cheaper.

With all GRP lids, it's not about the outside that's the issue, it's about how it's been laid up on the inside.

How thick, what materials?

If they've not done a couple of Gel coats, skinned it with tissue then done at least a 2oz lay-up, then it's not worth buying because it will be too fragile.

Yeah the price is a little nuts, but not too bad compared to others delivering a finished product. (If you get it finished for that price) The size is bigger then a KS though. It might be a decent option for bigger troopers, but eh..I'd have to see one in person or a see a side by side with the KS.

Looks alright overall. The sideburns might be a bit too thin to install a chin strap, so that could be a negative. I'm guessing the price is for a finished piece?

Thanks for posting this. I've also been researching this bucket compared to the others. I like hearing what the experienced Scouts see in it's quality. I may have to be one of the first guinea pigs for this one.

I've also been researching this bucket compared to the others. I like hearing what the experienced Scouts see in it's quality. I may have to be one of the first guinea pigs for this one.

If this one had been available when I ordered my bucket, I might have been that guinea pig. I looks right in so many ways. Hopefully it works for you Justin.

BTW...we like guinea pigs around here ;)

• Like 1

Something doesn't seem right with this 'bay situation. I've been following the auction for a few days now. It ends within an hour and the guy's website has changed templates and the shop link has become unresponsive when you click it. From what I remember, the grand total for shipping to the US from the site was like $410. The auction has gone higher than that and I believe that's why he shut down his website so the second place bidder can't just run over to the site to buy it. If my suspicions are correct, I don't want to deal with a person like that so I'll probably forgo my chance to be a guinea pig. Anyone on this feed actually bidding?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just bought one second hand from Kelt_Knight and I love it!! I will post some pics soon.Actually if you look in the sale forum, Hunter took some great pics of it. Im just waiting on helmet padding to come in from the Mando Mercs website to finish it up.

• Like 1

Is it comfortable and sturdy enough to wear trooping? Would it pass at least basic acceptance?

Anyone know if it came assembled like that or did it need assembly? For ~$370 plus shipping, it might not be too bad if it's ready to go straight out of the box. Or too expensive (for me) for a display piece.

I dont know if it would be my first choice for trooping because it is fiberglass and considerably heavier than the KS. It is definitely sturdy enough and comes assembled. Im gonna give it a try on Sat. I just installed padding in it and a fan and it still has room for more stuff.

Is it just me, or does the visor of the NI have a weird taper? Also, it looks like the top front edge of the visor is actually more concave than straight. Maybe it's just the angle or the photo...

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or does the visor of the NI have a weird taper? Also, it looks like the top front edge of the visor is actually more concave than straight. Maybe it's just the angle or the photo...

It must be the angle cause the visor is straight.

• 1 year later...

Great helmet if your a big or tall guy, if regular helmet sizes make you look silly, then the V2 is your helmet. I have trooped with it for a year now. I like it and it receives good reviews from all the scouts that have seen it in person at troops. I would buy the V1 fiberglass if your just looking for a nice FG Bucket that's regular sized. I can take pics if anyone needs them. these are heavier helmets, but being FB they are sturdy and easily repaired.

574ff42a-7b92-4ed2-a979-c7807e66114c_zpsck1rihdh.jpg