Fiberglass Scout bucket from ebay

Hello all, Stormtrooper from FISD coming hear to slowly become a scout aswell! Couple weeks ago I won a Scout helmet from

Ebay for 250$ Its Fiberglass and looks true to the shape of the originals, But you guys tell me, has anyone ever bought from

bounty_trooper on ebay? He makes his own helmets and sells them there and he lives in Bolivia. I just wanna know if I made a good choice. Here's some pics

The one I bought on right:

8596891996_a9d90364cf_b.jpg

8595789731_a92d234e14.jpg

8596892422_0c6a87f569.jpg

Im excited to recieve it :)

I've seen that one listed a bunch since I started looking for a helmet back in November. It seemed too good to be true if it's all assembled like the pictures, but the fact that it's been relisted (or that there's enough of them made to keep listing new ones with the same photos) makes me weary.

I saw this one as well. Was hoping someone on BSN would give some feedback before I dropped the cash on it. Still on the fence about which bucket to buy.

On a side note, I'm still waiting to hear back from KS's availability. I emailed him over a week ago...

I saw this one as well. Was hoping someone on BSN would give some feedback before I dropped the cash on it. Still on the fence about which bucket to buy.

On a side note, I'm still waiting to hear back from KS's availability. I emailed him over a week ago...

Well It looks like i'll be the one to tell if its worth it, from the feedback he gets it looks good so far!

The guy I bought my fiberglass helmet from had good feedback. If you scroll down and read my review of it, you'll see that it's not useful. I did end up giving him positive feedback with a note about how he gave a partial refund after I complained.

Please take pictures and post a full description if you get it.

To Batninja, check out the last 2 KS build threads (one's mine). Seeing 3 KS helmets in person made in the past 6 months, I don't recommend the KS helmet kits as they currently ship. Hopefully he'll fix his molds or his process to get them back up to the quality that made so many people recommend him when I started on this costume.

If it's fully finished like the photo then $250 is a good price.

Yeah its fully finished and its already shipped, it'll be a bit before coming.

Please take pictures and post a full description if you get it.

I will as soon as I recieve it! I also have chosen to go with SC armor when I do purchase armor.

Buying from ebay is always a gamble most of the time so lets see if this was a hit or miss.

So far he's been good with communication and relpied to when I messaged him. I just hope it looks like th ones in the pic :)

I think I bought the same Fiberglass helmet from eBay! It is slightly larger than others that I have seen. It has a little bit of weight to it, but managable.

Down sides are that you cannot replace the side bolts because they are pieces of color plastic with a long screw that is glued to it. I bought the replacement bolts that were Lancer specs and they will not fit. I am going to have to modify those to make the bolts work. Also, Griffin X pointed out to me the ear holes were smaller than usual so I had to open them up and remove the mesh in the ears.And the color was a little off white because of the Fiberglass, so my armor and helmet do not match exactly.

I would ask to see the inside of the bucket, it has very cheap foam padding. I had to buy more padding that was shaped for a scout trooper bucket for the inside and now it is a little more comfortable.

I still had to put some more work into it to get it up to Lancer specs and I am hoping it will pass :unsure: Oh and I need to add a chincup which I am hoping that it fits because of the chinstrap that is attached.

Unless the builder has changed the molding you may end up with the same problems I had.

I do have pics up in my build thread.

Hope this helps.

I think I bought the same Fiberglass helmet from eBay! It is slightly larger than others that I have seen. It has a little bit of weight to it, but managable.

Down sides are that you cannot replace the side bolts because they are pieces of color plastic with a long screw that is glued to it. I bought the replacement bolts that were Lancer specs and they will not fit. I am going to have to modify those to make the bolts work. Also, Griffin X pointed out to me the ear holes were smaller than usual so I had to open them up and remove the mesh in the ears.And the color was a little off white because of the Fiberglass, so my armor and helmet do not match exactly.

I would ask to see the inside of the bucket, it has very cheap foam padding. I had to buy more padding that was shaped for a scout trooper bucket for the inside and now it is a little more comfortable.

I still had to put some more work into it to get it up to Lancer specs and I am hoping it will pass :unsure: Oh and I need to add a chincup which I am hoping that it fits because of the chinstrap that is attached.

Unless the builder has changed the molding you may end up with the same problems I had.

I do have pics up in my build thread.

Hope this helps.

Link to your build thread please? And i'm not going for lancer but I do want my armor looking good, so this helmet is still good to go for the average bikersccout member? I'm okay with heavy helmets im used to that for long periods of time, and being slighty off color is a minor i've seen many KS helmets not match their armor. Also I was already wanting to buy foam padding that custom fit to the helmet. How long did it take to get there for you? Thanks a bunch for the post really helmped!

Hi, here is a link to my photobucket library http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/jpmas09/library/.

After working with the helmet, and wearing it for a bit, I am quite happy with it. If you are just looking for a helmet to wear right away and not worry about Lancer, then it would be more than fine. I ordered the padding for the bikerscout helmet off of eBay from a guy in Argentina, it took a while to get here about 2 weeks, but it was really worth it.

If you have any more questions, I will be happy to help. I will take more pics of the helmet and post them to my photobucket.

Have a great night!

I make this helmet...

The helmet that have jpmas is different to the actual offered on eBay. jpmas had a older version. The actual, the face is completely a new version but the head is the older. I'm still working with the head piece and making some modification to the face too. If there is any error with the bolts size LMK and I can fix it to the future.

The ear holes are bigger now. You can see it in the pics.

Thanks for posting up, Christian. I know you've been working on your helmet and it's really starting to look very nice. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Hi, here is a link to my photobucket library http://s1339.photobu...pmas09/library/.

After working with the helmet, and wearing it for a bit, I am quite happy with it. If you are just looking for a helmet to wear right away and not worry about Lancer, then it would be more than fine. I ordered the padding for the bikerscout helmet off of eBay from a guy in Argentina, it took a while to get here about 2 weeks, but it was really worth it.

If you have any more questions, I will be happy to help. I will take more pics of the helmet and post them to my photobucket.

Have a great night!

Thank you for your help! I know now i'm going to be more than happy!

I make this helmet...

The helmet that have jpmas is different to the actual offered on eBay. jpmas had a older version. The actual, the face is completely a new version but the head is the older. I'm still working with the head piece and making some modification to the face too. If there is any error with the bolts size LMK and I can fix it to the future.

The ear holes are bigger now. You can see it in the pics.

I must say its a very nice quality helmet, and I kinda figured mine was a different version because the ear holes did look the same size as movie versions. Knowing I'm getting the latest version just makes this better thank you!

• Like 1

Do you actually have the helmet yet? Would love to see actual pics of the lid.

I'm out of town right now and no, yet to receive it but it's fine he said it would take 3-4 weeks and it's only been 3 since It shipped, so as soon as I get it I'll post up pics so keep an eye on this thread it should be arriving in the next week or so:)

Thanks for posting up, Christian. I know you've been working on your helmet and it's really starting to look very nice. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Andry!!! I just finish the head piece and now I' making the mould. The final helmet will look very, very nice. :)

But now I'm making some modification to the new face and visor again :(

I got my soft parts from this guy and it takes a long time for him to deliver but he delivers a quality product and he always answered my emails.

Sorry the delayed Chris. Unfortunately my Post Office is really slow, but I don't have other shipping option. :(