FOE's Scout Build

Figured I better move from the Introduction forum and start this...

The plan is get a KS helmet and SC armor, beyond that its up in the air so I will be relying on your suggestions.

will be placing the order for the helmet within the next couple days. The armor will most likely be in May due to funds being tied up with some pre orders and C2E2 coming up next month.

BUT, is there anything anyone recommends snagging or placing an order for before they run out? I have seen items in the trade forum that people mention are in short supply and to "get em while you can!"

Since this is my first experience with costuming I will be probably be relying on purchasing finished parts of this build (except for the armor).

So far i have seen

Boots

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=10218

Cummerbunds

http://forum.bikersc...ds&fromsearch=1

Flight Suits

http://forum.bikersc...h=1

I have emailed KS with a question concerning the recent quality of helmet pulls and currently have my order on hold. Awaiting an answer...

I gotta admit, this particular costume has VERY limited sources for required parts. The current glove situation looks to be a whole other headache :unsure:

I gotta admit, this particular costume has VERY limited sources for required parts. The current glove situation looks to be a whole other headache :unsure:

It seems like the resources have gotten worse in the short amount of time I've been on the boards too. Kind of scary.

As for the gloves, they were the least problematic when I started. Now they're the most. I guess that's what happens with only one high quality supplier. Hopefully someone will step up to the plate.

It seems like the resources have gotten worse in the short amount of time I've been on the boards too. Kind of scary.

As for the gloves, they were the least problematic when I started. Now they're the most. I guess that's what happens with only one high quality supplier. Hopefully someone will step up to the plate.

I think I remember reading in the glove forum that SC was looking into getting some manufactured.

• 2 weeks later...

What did KS tell you about their helmet problems? Just curious,because that's who I plan to go with here in the next month.

This was the email that I got from them:

I am unaware of any unaddressed concerns about parts we have shipped, but note that there has been some confusion about the visor edge and how it is to be cut from the form. The portion of concern is aft of the cut off point (to be discarded) and not on the finished part. In the past, we had cut straight up along the aft edge, and rounded the pivot point of the visor. Recently, implementing better reference, have elected to further emphasize the visor point like the originals, and cut down from this point. When receiving the kit format of the helmet parts, there is an indentation in the region to be cut off, and this has led to the concerns you are likely reading about. We had not realized that this would be perceived this way, and will be tooling the model so as to allay this concern, but it will not affect the models, save those who want to use a direct straight edge up past the visor pivot point in the builds.

• 2 weeks later...