What is the best armour and helmet out there

Guest rotty81

Guest rotty81

Im looking at purchasing a full armour and helmet , what is the best set out there i could get ? im in the uk and have looked at a few suppliers but really want the best there is . im 6ft and around 230 pounds . many thanks all

• 3 weeks later...

Same! My wife wants a kit and we're looking for advice on purchasing a quality kit that she'll be happy with, and won't take too much fiddling with, as appears to be the case with KS kits.

As Marcel mentioned above, it's not necessarily about what the "best" kit is, it's more about what fits you best.

For example, smaller people will probably look better in MC armour as it's the smallest of the bunch. That said, it's also the most visually accurate stuff out there. Now that doesn't mean someone larger can't wear it. I'm 6'2", 235 lbs (athletic but large build) and my MC kit looks just fine on me.

If you're a big person, KS is the biggest kit available.

If you're somewhere in between, and it becomes available again, SC armour is really good. From what I've seen, it's really good for being up and down-sized.

• Like 1

The best costume part? Good question.

As costumers we all want the best , first time round, especially if we have built costumes before and continually upgraded, costing more in the long run.

Accuracy/fit/quality/price/reputable seller/waiting times etc, this all has to be weighed up in you own personal decision as to what is "best".

I trooped in SC gear and MC gear, various makers of helmets and various versions of my own soft parts. Nobody, neither the public nor the troopers around me knew the differences I constantly made.

If you are after the most accurate armour then MC,then Robs stuff, SC next, KS and another version last[both good and bad points] all my opinion at the minute.

No matter what you troop in it will be a lot of fun!

• Like 1

Guest Jet7351

So if I am correct MC would be the best fit for me? I am only 5'4" and quite thin, so I need small armor...I also have a pretty small head. So I'd pretty much need the smallest armor. Does MC also make the smallest helmets?

• 2 months later...

I'm 5'11 a bit big in the middle but busting my ass to drop it what would be a good fit for me? Goal weight being a lean 190-200

Probably SC. And welcome to BS.N. Read through the forum for lots of helpful info. :)

Jet, you need to speak to Ian/Kathy Maginn (nai-retep) or (cider queen) or Jules.

They are the smallest scouts I know (apart from Andy... hehehehe).

Guest Puncharen

From looking at this thread, I am geussing SC looks like a possible good option for me, 6.0" and 210lbs. Would someone please pm me witht ehir contact information for both SC and KS?

• 1 month later...