Smitty's Biker build

Well I have everything except for the gloves (grumble grumble). Started on the belt today. Trimmed it up, and joined the separate boxes on the SC belt. I used Devcon plastic epoxy and roughed the mating pieces and glued and clamped into place. I'll let that sit overnight. I also used a heat gun to contour the belt to my waist. 100_6164.JPG

Got the tank assembled to the back plate. Painted the tank topper black too. I cut out the inside of the back plate to make more room for electronic goodies like voice amps and stuff like that. I heated up the tank topper over a heat gun so I could mash it down on the tank to eliminate any gaps between the top of the tank and the tank topper. 100_6165.JPG

100_6166.JPG

100_6167.JPG

100_6168.JPG

100_6169.JPG

Not sure, I got this second hand and was told it was a SC kit, but I also didn't get the "bag-o-parts" either. In this world who knows? But I got a good deal on it :)

Oh wow! Lou I see what you mean by the difference in the belt. The center buckle is unlike any of the others I see. The top triangle is completely missing! Anybody recognize this belt?

Oh wow! Lou I see what you mean by the difference in the belt. The center buckle is unlike any of the others I see. The top triangle is completely missing! Anybody recognize this belt?

Check out JediJennie's tutorial link below:

http://jedijennie.com/bikerscout/

The belt she has looks sort of like yours...maybe an older MC?

belt.JPG

She said she's using the old school MG armor. I had a set of that a few years ago when I first went down this road but sold it for DragonCon money LoL. Its obvious tho, that my belt is not SC.

Lookin great Chris!

Yea its def something ive never seen. MC's belt is one piece. SC's looks almost identical to MC's except that it is in 3 pieces. The tank topper looks oversized as well. The rest looks like authentic SC armor.

But all in all in all, it still looks great..you can always swap those parts out later if they bug ya!

Really great idea cutting the back plate out after you mounted the tank. I might have to try that...I'm interested to see how you would wire it up!

• 3 weeks later...