Cara's Biker Scout build

Cara

Ok, thought I’d get my build topic started now J Did a lot of research and preparations for now so I can’t show you any “results†at this moment, but I hope to have those very soon.

Armor kit: MC

Helmet: still undecided

Gloves: SA

Under suit: black flightsuit

Cummerbund: self-made

Vest: self-made

Boots: self-made with the tutorial provided here on BSN

Blaster: still undecided

This is what I got so far:

th_kit3_zpsb8d20559.jpg th_kit5_zps2a621c20.jpg

th_kit4_zpsdf3eef39.jpg th_kit1_zps9bf49973.jpg

th_gloves_zps7788e30e.jpg

My two black fabrics for the vest and the light fabrics for the cummerbund.

th_fabricvest_zpsad6f908f.jpg th_fabriccummerbund_zps54e74277.jpg

Last weekend I marked where I’ll probably have to cut the shoulder straps, so it’s going to fit me. But I want the vest and cummerbund to be finished before I cut it off. Perhaps I'm too careful here, but don't want to do anything wrong.

th_front1_zps8dc43e2e.jpg

And I painted the detail on the chest armor:

th_front2_zpsa5e62acc.jpg th_front3_zpsc6be836b.jpg

And here are pictures of my flight suit and the balaclava :D

th_14923_528106823889601_447632131_n_zps2770d982.jpg th_182256_528106820556268_2117180610_n_zpsf3ab0b53.jpg

I did a test for a vest to get the right measures and will soon start to work on it. Next thing will be the cummerbund.

I'm also working on the elastic straps for knee, forearm and upper arm :)

Feedback and/or criticism is welcome :) and I hope that I can soon post the next update.

So far, so good! One thing you might consider doing is testing how your jumpsuit looks when you're wearing the kneepads. You'll want to make sure that the thighs are not billowing out. Doing the elastic strap on the outer leg can bring some of that together but the legs should be a bit fitted. ;)

Thank you all for your interst :)

@Dart yeah, I'll have to see what the legs will look like when wearing the kneepads. But I was already happy to find a jumpsuit that's roughly my size so I expected it look baggy or that I have to do some modifications.

@Southscout thank you very much for that. Will probably do that :)

Which greeblies from DJ are needed with MC armor Patrik? Are most of the ones that come with MC ok, or should most be replaced?

The square TD greeblie. In my kit I got the old version, i.e the three little "knobs".

From the CRL:

The correct thermal detonator greeblies must be attached to the box, the rectangular part of the TD greeblie is the same as used in the rebel endor troopers rank badge, which is fixed on the left side of the TD, on the right the same round greeblie as what is used on the scouts tank topper.

If DJ doesn't have it listed then shoot him an email via EBay.

Ok, I've ordered the new TD greeblie today :D

The elastic straps for the kneepads are finished:

th_kneepads1_zpsd28233a6.jpg

And since the legs from my jumpsuit really started billowing out, I tried to make the legs a bit tighter.

th_jumpsuit1_zpsb16df1e1.jpg

The right leg is what it originally looked like (shown on the left side). On the right you can see the tighter leg. I think it looks better now, what do you guys think? :)

Perhaps I'm going to do that later, but not at the moment. I currently have other things to worry about and I don't think it'd be a problem to add the extra strap to the kneepad later.

Spent some time with the flak vest on the weekend and it's nearly finished. Just need to add some velcro and neaten the edge of the fabric at the bottom. It's hard to see cause it's black on black and my camera somehow messed up the quality >.< I try to get better pictures.

But the vest is closed in the back, the sleeves are padded and have vertical stitches.

th_flakvest2_zpsff95ecdb.jpg th_flakvest1_zps35955229.jpg

I will have to get a 5cm elastic strap now (for the bund) and start on the cummerbund as soon as I have some time :)

I know, I'm only making slow progress but that's better than no progress at all :D

My new TD greeblie arrived last week and I added the velcro on the vest :D

Also finished the elastic straps on forearms and upper arms (t-bits to follow):

th_upperarms1_zpse6ca9ed5.jpg th_forearms1_zpsb69e037c.jpg

Like! Don't forget some adhesive velcro on the insides (hint, on the forearms, put the velcro in the top towards your elbows, since they will go over your gloves) and then some corresponding pieces on your suit since the parts has a tendency to move around during troops.

I use hook velcro on the plastic parts, and the soft one on the suit.

thank you for the feedback!

@Southscout will add the adhesive velcro later, but thank you for telling me which part you attached on the suit and which one on the plastic. Will probably do it the same way :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the cummerbund a few days ago (though I haven't started with the pouches yet).

th_cummerbund1_zps30f1b38b.jpg th_cummerbund2_zps777a28fb.jpg th_cummerbund3_zps00c76c30.jpg

More pics to follow :) Will have to put everything on and snap a few pictures. I have also continued pimping the jump suit.

• 3 weeks later...

And a picture of me wearing the suit, the vest and the cummerbund. I've also added a piece of fabric at the collar so that my throat is covered.

th_suit_zpsd9b61f9d.jpg

First layer of paint on the greeblies:

th_greeblies1_zps06a05d77.jpg

and added the red stripe on the tank detail:

th_greeblies2_zps38b74304.jpg

Next thing is the white circle on the tank detail and the black stripe + rank bars on the tank itself :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, this will look kind of strange, but I need some advice.

Yesterday I bought real leather for the riding patch and the butt flap, so I printed out the pattern for the riding patches and did a test fitting on the suit before cutting it from the leather.

Now I'm not sure on the size so I hope someone here can tell me if it looks right.

I just used some needles to hold it in the right place so it looks a bit loose.

th_suede1_zps6d11a5fc.jpg

th_suede2_zps72cce00c.jpg

Would really appreciate a reply :)

Looks pretty good. It's easier to judge if you have a picture from the front while standing straight. They should end around the top of the knee cap.

Also, a small tip for the next stage, when you add the elastic, put the top of the elastic in line with where the crotch ends. That's a good rule of thumb.

thank you for the fast reply and sorry that I couldn't be online yesterday.

Here is another picture. I suspect I'll have to make it a little bit bigger, especially to the front.

th_suede3_zps0519ef68.jpg

And thank you for the information about the elastic strap! That really helps :D

The length of the riding patches look good but they're not wide enough. If you check out the gallery, you'll see that they should cover about 40% of your thigh. The patch should come out almost halfway to the middle of your thigh. The template is good but it's not a strict rule. If you need to widen it, it's ok. I did. Before you cut your material, take a good look at the gallery. ;)

Good work so far!