Received my armor...what a mess!

jpmas

Always be leary of any seller saying 501st approved or anything like that in their sale. Was it an ebay seller by chance? As most sellers off the bay sell junk and love to say stuff like how it's 501st something or other.

Not a great kit, BUT it is possible to get it looking ok. Use a pencil to mark off the cut lines, keeping the nice return edges sharp. Cut with a dremel style cutter , and sand the edges smooth. Using a knife can be difficuly but not impossible.

Buy some industrial velcro and use it to join the parts, I am pretty sure you have a LOT to do, it isn't exactly made yet.

The boot holster looks like it needs to be glued together, or possibly tabbed into the front section?

The belt needs a bit more trimming, but not too much , use the reference library for the actual cut lines. The belt can be bent in an oven for a few moments to egt a curve, or it doesn't need to have a pre bend curve once it is cut down.

The drop box is ok as long as you cut it in a shallow curve, to "fit" to your thigh, the dodgy vacformed part will mostly be cut away.

Sorry we were not there to advise before you spent the money. All is not lost, good luck.

All is certainly not lost mate, as John said by the time you cut the curves out the bottom of the drop boxes, that bad bit will more or less be gone. I bend my belts using a hot air gun.

Id say once trimmed better you will be fine mate, the tanks never fitted well in the films. So no need for perfect fit, but it wants to be close. Easilly done with dremmell.

Draw a neat line down each side of your belt and bet the edges closer but not quite touching the boxes. Dont panic bro, you will be ok on this

I agree with the fellas above, don't lose hope...it can be worked out. There's a lot of info on this site, tutorials, etc and we're all happy to help you sort it out. I am curious where you obtained the kit though...

I found a Fiberglass helmet that was going to be used for 501st acceptance on eBay. Looking at the helmet it looked pretty precise excpet for the mesh in the ears and possible a little of white when compared to the armor, but I am guessing that is because fiberglass compared to plastic. And the state that he had all the armor that he did not have time to start because of other duties with the military...totally understand. I contacted him asked over and over if all that needs to be done is trimmed and assembled and he stated yes. But when I got it all the bicep, forearm, knee caps and chest had been trimmed and assembled to his size, quite a bit smaller and trimmed it to someone who was 5'9...being 6'1 and having a 46" wide chest there was some issues even when adding extra velcro. I paid a little more than I should have... but I learned that I should have came on here first to ask about good armor. The gloves are amazing and the blaster I am not sure of. I will need a ruling on that in another thread.

I am going to contact SC and see if I can just buy replacement parts that I need to salvage what I have in my possession. Thanks everyone. I will try the steps above and trim around the drop box and also see how I can align the tank a little nicer. Going to look at some pics in the forum.

Oh god I think know this armour ...trying not to laugh.

Joey you will be fine....It looks alot like what mine was and I did some major work to it and being under 5 foot helped. As I had to trim as close to the line of no return and mold it to me. You just need some patience. I take it you will need new drop boxes and gun holster?, the belt is different as I have since made a SC armour kit for my son and have notice the difference in making both, the tank is a major pain but it can be done.

PM me if you need any photos. good luck