Is this a good fan?

Donovan

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CF-361/9VDC-62MM-COOLING-FAN/1.html#

would one of these be a nice fan to put in my bucket?ik it doesn't get too hot inthere but just in case it does I want to stay cool.if not would you reccomend a 12v instead of a 9v fan

I personally do not use fans in my bucket. I'm in North Texas and it gets hot here, but i never get overheated. I guess I'm used to riding motorcycles with a helmet too. The scout lid has nice side ports which seems to work for me. ;)

And wen I do tht wat part on the inside do I spray black?

Everything :)

Kidding aside, I planned to only put some black near the ear vents so it looked nice and black from the outside. But it was easier to just paint the whole thing. Get a plastic bag and put your helmet upside down into it, then just tape up the edges. Cover the ears with tape from the inside and spray away. You can of course just focus on the areas behind the ears that are visible from the outside as well, it's just a matter of masking.

probably a bit big... go for squirrel fans for a directional jet of air, to aid in lens demist ect, or 35-40mm low voltage ones, that 9V will buzz in your bucket like a swarm of wasps!, not to mention sting if you catch any facial part on it! ;)

i run almost this exact fan in my bucket with 9V, it doesn't hurt when i get my beard hairs caught in it, it is a tad loud though, i would go for a bulk battery pack of AA or AAA's mounted in the back of the bucket with one on off switch.

Hmmm thanks for the tips guys.ill try cutting out the ears and see if it gives better circulation but even without em cut out its fairly nice