Possible Gloves

Hey everyone. Searching for gloves right now and came across these Olympias and wanted to know your opinion.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/903/686/ITEM/Olympia-Sports-4150-Gore-Tex-All-Season-Gloves.aspx

2005_Olympia_4150_Gore-Tex_All_Season_Gloves_Black.jpg

I know modding is needed, but was wondering to be 501st approved, how accurate do we have to get? All the 501st says is

• Black leather and gauntlet length.
  • Detailed gloves that include-
    • Black suede or faux suede patches on top of the middle finger, index finger, and thumb.
    • Four tightly spaced ribs that span the knuckles.

[*]There are no labels/logos, clips, or external straps.

Marcel, wish someone had said this last week. I got these on eBay for $10+$3.50 shipping. I dropped em off with a professional seamstress yesterday. She's ordering leather for another project, and I'm supposed to drop off the leftover suede when we do our coveralls. I should have em modded in a month or so. I told her I wanna wear em for my May 4th party.

gloves-temp.JPG

I figured the hardest mod would be adding the 4 ribs, so I went with the cheapest pair that already had those done. Shouldn't be too hard for her to take out strap and zipper then add correct split to it.

Those evolution gloves look bad, and for $70... wow. Looks like cheap vinyl or something with suede for the ribs on the knuckles? I really need to pass this link to the girl that's modifying my gloves. If people are really willing to pay that much, she could probably do a much better job modifying something from Amazon or Ebay far cheaper than that.

Those evolution gloves look bad, and for $70... wow. Looks like cheap vinyl or something with suede for the ribs on the knuckles? I really need to pass this link to the girl that's modifying my gloves. If people are really willing to pay that much, she could probably do a much better job modifying something from Amazon or Ebay far cheaper than that.

Everything Evolution sells is bad. Really cheaply made stuff that just falls apart. Years ago was working on a mando costume and got guantlets from them, so bad. They literally would crack and break in your hand. Others have dealt with their awful stuff too on other forums.

TJ,

Check out Sith Armor... I believe they only have small gloves left, but the small is on the big side. Marcel pointed me in that direction and i scored BIG TIME. I live in California and they are only about an hour or so drive from my house. I paid $45.00 with priority shipping. No mod required!!! Just slip on and troop.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...