Ani's TB build

Hi there!

My name is Annika “Ani†Johnsson and I'm a 21 year old big Star Wars-fan from Sweden. One of my biggest dreams have been to join 501st Legion and this fall I felt that it was finally time to make my wish come true! Now I'm building my first costume, a lovely TB of course, and I thought I would post pictures of my deliveries and keep updating on my build here. Feel free to give me some feedback, I would love to get some opinions and help along the way :)

29 Nov 2012.

The first part I've got was the gloves, from Sith Armor. Took them nearly two weeks from the day I ordered and payed them to come home to me in Sweden, good service! They are really good looking, comfortable and are of great quality. Fits me perfectly :)

Anisgloves_zps623bf783.jpg

4 Dec 2012.

I've got a big package, I was sooo exited! This armor is from SC. It took only 1,5 week for the parts to come home to me!

Anisarmor_zps277e791e.jpg

This was also included: a checklist, a build-guide and some stickers. Can't wait to get started!

Anisarmor2_zpsbb9a2fb9.jpg

29 Jan 2013.

I've got my flight suit. It is “made to measure†so it fits me absolutely prefect! This one is from http://www.advanced-wear.co.uk/. They were very helpful along the way and It only took 2 weeks from the day I've gave them my measures and payed for the suit to come home to me. Perfect service!

Anisflightrsuit-TB_zps2a8d4cb7.jpg

I will start the build of my armor this weekend, can't wait!

I've also ordered the helmet, pistol, boots and cummerbund + pouches. Hope I will get them soon!

/Ani

3 Feb 2013.

Okey so I finally started the build today!

The first I did was to sand and refine the edges of some parts from the SC armor. I will maybe do some more later but for now I'm pleased.

SCarmor_zpsff47566a.jpg

Next step: Attached the tank on the back plate with to rivets. One on top of the tank and one on the bottom as you can see in the pictures.

Backandtank_zps791dbe9f.jpg

Next: Started on the belt armor, glued and rivet the tree pieces together.

Beltarmor_zpsa1e25413.jpg

I will continue this weekend and do a lot more then I did this day. I will start on the arm pieces among other things. Can't wait! :D

• Like 1

9 Feb 2013.

Began with the shoulders. I've decided that I had to shorten them about 1cm so I marked where that was and put some tape on to ensure that the line was completely straight. I cut a little bit under the line to be sure It wasn't to much, so in the end I shortened them 7mm. Maybe I will shortened them a little bit more later when I can put my whole armor on and see how it looks.

Shoulder_zps9aa663c7.jpg

I measured the elastic for the upper arms and forearms and pined so that I could sew them later.

Armparts1_zps095fa178.jpg

Tested the arm parts on again to see if they fitted before I sewed them. Lucky I did because the upper arms needed to be a bit more tight.

Armparts2_zpsa38e85ac.jpg

Testing the arm parts.

Armorbuild1_zps8209803e.jpg

Upper arms and forearms are done! T-bits are still missing on the upper arms though. Will do them next time!

Armparts3_zpsf9aa1ab7.jpg

Did the holes for the straps on the belt.

Holesonthebelt_zps60eac2d1.jpg

Did the holes for the straps on the drop boxes.

Dropboxes_zps779738a3.jpg

Sewed the butt flap and attached it on the flight suit.

Buttflap_zpsffeae2a8.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the cummerbund + pouches and the boots from Marcel so that I can do what remains on the armor.

The vest is also ordered! The only thing remaining to get is the balaclava! :D

Got my big package from Marcel today! :D

It was the cummerbund + pouches and my boots. Everything fits perfectly! :D

Cummerbund and pouches: http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=5086

The boots: http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=4951

Anisbundandboots_zpsdde53044.jpg

Thank you Marcel, you're the best!

• 3 weeks later...

24 Feb 2013.

Put the stickers on the tank.

Stickersontank_zpsa8d07c14.jpg

Filled my pouches with some foam rubber.

Pouches_zps62268cc0.jpg

The belt is almost done!

Belt_zps4e1b3643.jpg

Fixed the strap (white webbing, 50mm) for the sides of the back and chest plate.

Did the shoulder bridges too (not finished on the picture).

Backandchest_zps67781784.jpg

This is how it looks for now.

Front (happyface)

Frontarmor_zps8b6aaeb5.jpg

Back

Backarmor_zps2ef75e78.jpg

I will shorten my shoulder bells a little bit more and put curves on the corners. I will also bring them back a little bit so that it wont be such a big gap between the shoulder bells and the back plate.

So I finished the armor this weekend :D Please feel free to give me some feedback, I would very much appreciate it. The only things I'm missing now is the helmet and the flak vest. Next time I take pictures will probably be for my application :)

(I will post this in the "show off" too)

AnisTB1_zps6cc3333e.jpg

AnisTB2_zpse9d94217.jpg

• Like 1