Time for Approval/501st Acceptance

PanzerKraken

Know this is probably kind of odd but was wondering what kind of turnaround time is there with GML costume approval and 501st approval after applying like?

I'm about done but going to be stuck with waiting on my flak vest for several weeks still, while all else is pretty much finished now. Was hoping to get it all done earlier but that became a hurdle, and wont possibly get my vest till 2 weeks or so before... hopefully. Was trying to maybe get done in time for Megacon in Orlando in March but think I'll be cutting it a bit to short now. I have heard that after you send in your 501st app that it can take a few weeks too? What's others experience in this area.

It all depends on your local Garrison GML (or Garrison Membership Liaison). I found that it helps if you contact them in advance and let them know who you are, what you are doing, etc. It also helps to go ahead and figure out your ID too. Usually, the turn around time is about 2 weeks, that was my approval timeframe.

Depends on you. Our GML in the Florida Garrison, Zach, is very proactive in getting approvals done in a timely manner. He'll post your pictures for our GML Committee to review (which I'm a part of) and if you're good to go, then it shouldn't take more then a week. Regardless, wear it to MegaCon. I'll be there, Zach will be there, and we can give you a good once over. Even if you don't have your numbers yet, you can still hang out with everyone.

If I get my vest and last armor part (old SC TD box from 2 years ago, have to replace with the new style to fit the greebles to it), within the time frame I was given, I should have my stuff submitted all to the GML before megacon no problem. Might be cutting it close on the 501st app part though but maybe I'll get my last 2 items in early. Nothing to do but wait ;)