potential submission pics

BrewDiver

after a year of on again off again building i think i'm ready for submission, after looking at the pictures it seems i need to lower the back part of the belt to be even with the bund, i am in the process of sewing velcro onto the bund to keep the belt from slipping.

DSCN0180_zpsffab76f2.jpg

DSCN0179_zps9c99a3a8.jpg

DSCN0178_zps1b2c61d8.jpg

DSCN0177_zps3a45f6e6.jpg

DSCN0176_zpsc154a9a6.jpg

DSCN0174_zpse2f1ffc5.jpg

ok i have no idea what the heck is going on here

You need an / in the second image tag....

[/img]

Having had a nose through your pics... I'd make the following observations.

I'd sort out the pouches a bit. They seem to sit funny. The left hand one (on you) seems to be a bit fly-away.

The strapping on your drop boxes, the loose ends could be hidden on the insides, or better still, sewn together so you can't see them.

Your bund is below your belt line at the back. You shouldn't be able to see any of the bund under the belt line.

The flak vest arms seem a bit baggy, not a drama, they just balloon out a little.

Same goes for the upper legs on your suit.

The fish-hook on your lid seems to be a touch close to the corner of the visor.

So all small stuff, but then I am being picky....

I'd also go for the extra strap on your knee armour (I can't quite see if one is there or not).

Other than that, all good. All the bits are there, and in the right places!

the suit being baggy is because of my size, if i go one size smaller it's too tight or if i stay at this size it's too baggy, so i dunno, i know about the belt sitting above the bund, i just didn't realize it when i was taking the pictures, the vest has been the biggest pain in the rear so far, and i'm thinking about getting one made so i don't have to sew it lol, as far as the straps on the belt i think i will torch the ends and sew them down, but are the boxes sitting at the right height?, thanks for the input as it's what i need.

Remove all of the URL tagging stuff. You should only have the URL of your photo between the IMG codes. Like this:

[img*]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae338/Swampfox83/DSCN0179_zps9c99a3a8.jpg[/img]

I added the * so you could see what the code looks like. Remove the * and you'll see your photo in your post.

DSCN0179_zps9c99a3a8.jpg

You could run a stitch up the leg of the suit (outsie seam sewn up the inside) making the leg tighter but the top remain the same, this will make a lot of difference on looks bud.

Vest sleeves look like they could be a touch shorter, again no biggy just turn them in and sew.

Chef has nailed t for you though

Yeah, the suit is easy to sort out.

Just turn it inside out, put it on, take up the slack (leave yourself some moving room mind you... It doesn't want to be skin tight!), pin it together along this new line. Take it off, and then run the sewing machine up your new line, from top to bottom.

When you turn it back out the right way, and put it on..... Hey presto, all the slack is taken out.

Vests are a dog to make... If you've had a go, then kudos to you brother! And if you've managed to get that far, then really... sorting it out will be no bother.

Again, the process will be the same, turn the vest inside out, take up the slack in the arms, mark and pin it, then run the machine down the new line. You can then cut off any of the excess. Do this under the bottom of the arm, because then it will be hidden.

If the length is too long, just tuck it up back inside as Marcel says and just run a seam around the new bottom to hold it in place.

SIMPLES!

Greg - I fixed your image links. The extra "url=" tag will not work.

Your setup looks pretty good BTW. Going forward, you might consider taking in the suit a little here and there to make it fit more snug. All in all, great looking scout. :)

i'm going to take in the legs a bit more this weekend, there is a mud flap it's just hard to see in the picture cause i don't have good lighting, this weekend i will have the wife take pictures in the backyard for better lighting, the vest has been my biggest pain thus far, i think it's a tad too small and getting the sleeves just right drove me to drink heavily that night lol, i still need to add some velcro for the knee armor, and i'm thinking about making the cod piece a bit longer since i'm so darn tall i feel like i have a massive camel toe going on. and thank you for fixing the pictures, i was going to do it today when i got home but it's already done so thank you.

Always the way Greg...

Don't rush anything. Might as well get it right at this stage, rather than having to muck it all about again at a later date.

If you are re-doing the cod piece, then you might want to make the top bit of it a bit wider too. The screen used ones are actually pretty wide when you look at them.

I make mine with them being 10" across the top.

But I wouldn't change it just for the sake of it.