Undersuit Standards?

PanzerKraken

Started working on my scout couple years ago but personal stuff kinda put everything on hold and now I'm back in full work mode. Now I see lot of talk about vests and mudflaps and such, is this all now required standards that are put in place? When I initially bought my stuff and given requirement info to begin work for basic clearance it basically was just the plain black coveralls with no extras, while anything more was for Lancer. Not trying to get Lancer, at least not yet as Im trying to meet a deadline I've set.

So all the suede additions and stuff like vests are still optional and for Lancer status, or all clearances is requiring those now too?

I'd like this answered, too. When I spoke with a couple of scouts in my garrison last month, they said that the suede and vest aren't required. They both registered 501st in 2010 or earlier. It's listed in the CRL on the 501st site now, so that means it's required, right?

Yes, the Suede riding patch, butt flap, thigh straps and a Flak vest are ALL NOW REQUIRED for ALL levels of clearance.

The CRL was updated a while ago now to include these parts because they are clearly seen as part of the screen used costume. It's like a TK not wearing a belt.

For those who were cleared prior to the updates, there is no requirement for them to update their own costumes (although in my opinion they should, because their costume is now sub-par)

Chris, I'd go and have a word with your Scouts and tell them to reacquaint themselves with the CRL's.

Please also note the updated Thermal Det greeblies too.

• Like 1

Alot of the costumes within the legion have come on leaps and bounds Edwin, and we as scouts needed to catch up, hence my decision to add these updates to the standard CRL as parts being clearly seen on the screen scouts.

• Like 1

Can understand wanting to improve, it's just major buzzkill that I had it all ready to go but due to some tragic life stuff had to hold back and now it seems stuff I spent money on was all for nothing and will need to be replaced with new stuff. Going to take me a while to recover then and get this sorted out... guess I'll be unofficial scout for a while then. Oh well.

Your still good to go with your other parts, you just need to add a few details, its no big deal bro and youl end up with a much better costume. I understand what your saying but in two years things do change sorry.

Ultimately, nothing needs to be replaced at all.... Just modified.

And if your ultimate goal was to eventually go Lancer, then you'd be making these modifications anyway! So nothing lost.

You need to get yourself a bit of suede material (say £20 tops...) and some black elastic, couple of quid at most. That'll sort the suit.

The flak vest.. well, you could make that pretty cheaply (they are a nightmare to do... but a giggle once you've achieved it). A yard of black material will be enough.

New greeblies, well they are £2.50 from DJ.

So all in all, you're looking at around £30 and some time. Probably a lot less.

So, as they say down under..... No drama.

I'll get it done eventually, just was a bit of bummer as I had a time table and was hoping to get it done soon with the time available before things got hectic again. I'll just have to wait some more and put some more work into it.

Edwin,

Sorry to hear about your stuff man. If you have the suit already, a good place to get the suede parts that isn't expensive is Tandy Leather. They are very fast to deliver also. It's the thin pig suede. I paid something like 14 bucks for a hide and there are plenty of resources on here to figure out how to get the stuff cut and sewn.

Good luck man, and I hope it all works out for you. -Paul

Anyone can help with a source to get a vest made? So far everyone I've contacted from the trade is no longer doing them or booked up and not taking any more orders. Got some suede and getting some basic sewing lessons to take care of the understuit stuff, but the vest is going to be out of my reach ;)

Thanks guys!