Glove options

Guest Evans86

I know but I'm not taking it that far at the moment, these will keep me going until a new supplier of the gloves is found (hopefully) or I find some accurate ones

I have to say, that the basic layout of these gloves is about as good as people are going to get in the absence of SA gloves.

They are by far the most 'right' looking of everything that has been put out there currently.

I'd even go as far to say that it would have to be the most anal of GML's to not clear a costume on the extra knuckle rib when there is no alternative, and doing so would be a bit of a monumentous task in itself.

I had to stop and count them the first time round.

Sewing the suede on shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just a bit time consuming. Cut the right shape and a bit of over stitching should be more than enough to get it looking right.

Guest Evans86

Mine fit me just fine, although they do have a bit off padding inside but I expected that with them being Thinsulate branded and it restricts movement slightly. I don't know whether to try and turn them inside out and see what I can take out to make them a bit better but its not a major issue.

Im going to tackle the suede by tracing round the fingers, tacking the material on with a very small amount of fabric glue then sewing round the edges I think

They look good, and as said it's hard to see the ribs even though there is an extra one, you really got to squint to count em. Hopefully these would cut the mustard for acceptance since getting right gloves and modifying gloves is extremely difficult

Studio Creations used to offer gloves that were pretty good from what I hear. I sent Jeff a note and he was not aware that SA was out of the glove business for now. Maybe if there is enough interest Jeff will look at offering gloves again. Even if SA comes back online, it would still be good to have multiple sources for good quality gloves.

Drop Jeff a note and let him know there are lots of scouts that need gloves.

Studio Creations used to offer gloves that were pretty good from what I hear. I sent Jeff a note and he was not aware that SA was out of the glove business for now. Maybe if there is enough interest Jeff will look at offering gloves again. Even if SA comes back online, it would still be good to have multiple sources for good quality gloves.

Drop Jeff a note and let him know there are lots of scouts that need gloves.

Thanks. E-mailed him. Hopefully he can still make them

Would be awesome if we could get some feedback going before someone does a run of gloves. I have been modifying my SA gloves, and I feel there could be some easy improvements:

- the gloves are too wide, the real Esprit gloves aren't as tapered and are slightly more fitted

- the padding is too thick, they are like oven mitts! Slim down the foam liner or make it some kind of fabric

- no real need for the nylon glove covers (if that adds to the cost)

You know it's funny... I have two pairs of these gloves both in Large (no I'm not selling a pair.... not until the price reaches $1Million.. heheheh).

One set is very padded and worked superbly at being proper motorcycling gloves.... The other pair is a lot thinner and I predominantly use these for trooping.

Both bought new from SA but about a year apart.

Weird but true.

I've been bugging a friend of mine for about a week. She has an industrial sewing machine and has done one-off mods for me before. I've been sending her links to gloves that look close to what we need and asking if she can mod them. I made sure she knows that there's 3 of us in town waiting to buy em, and suggested she register an account here to see proof that there's more demand and possibly room to profit. She told me she's going to look into it. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

It's very frustrating that new potential Biker Scouts now do not have a glove supplier. What do the future members who are working on their build do about this? I've been emailing Jeff about this back and forth for a few days now and he says he just not happy with some of the work that's out there. Very frustrating indeed!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hear ya... I'm trying to finisch my Biker Scout Costume and just guess what is missing... gloves!

Is there anyone around here who got approved with non-SA gloves? Or did a GMO say anything to alternatives?