Duff's Blaster Build

DUFF

I was asked to build a Scout Blaster for a friend who is putting together a Scout armor. I had a chunk of polycarbonate laying around so I'm using it for the model which I will then Mold and Cast in Resin.

Let me know what you guys think. if the molds turn out good I do plan on offering the final product for sale. Any input on features you may want to see in the final product will be appreciated. Currently I plan on putting magents in the nose and posibly the "Transistor" so it has somethign to secure it in the leg holster.

-Duff

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Ill be adding more pix as the build goes on

• Like 1

Ill definatly be keeing you guys up to date with parts. Im trying to get one part done a day but will be a few days before i get the next part done due to NYE.

Cool! I want a transparent one with blinking lights :)

Thats actually the plan for it when its done. It will be a shelf piece with a colorscrolling LDE light under it.

Had to borrow time on some bigger machinery but the blaster progressing again.

Top and side tubes are turned and should be milled in half tomorow. Energy cell is turned and should be finished out tomorow. Main body has been machined. still need to counter sink for scope body on right hand side. Frame is rough cut have alot more cutting and shaping to do there

Doing some test molds of the scope. hope to have a plaster cast soon. will take the casing clean up any errors and make a final production mold.

Main body getting squarred off

10.jpg

Side Tube getting turned

11.jpg

Top and Side tubes and Energy Cell

12.jpg

Going to need some input on a few items.

1. Power Cell: I've seen a few versions of the power cell and not sure which is right or which one everyone prefers, Flush cut so the back is smooth, Extra hollow ring (washer) or a flush cut with a counter sink to break up the smooth end ?

powercell.jpg

2: Trigger guard: Mold as a separate piece or fully integrate into the body/frame mold? Was leaning toward separate just in case the rubber resin I will be casting with, that is supposedly "indestructible", actually breaks I could send out a guard rather than having to cast whole new body/frame.

3: Holster retention. Few options here. I'm already setup for a magnet int he Transistor on the frame. I can also integrate into the trigger guard or under the muzzle. Which is preferable ? I can do all 3 but adding that many rare earth magnets will up the price a bit.

4: Scope: Current model has the Fiber optic element in the nose of scope. It can be cast in red rater than the black of the body. Would you guys prefer that or have everything black?

Here is the body and the left tube mounted.

13.jpg

Awesome work on this Duff. For your Q&A:

My 2 cents: :)

1. Power Cell: the number two option, your extra hollow ring.

2. Trigger guard: separate, and firm is good.

3. Holster retention: in the transistor or trigger guard is good.

4. Scope: the movie version is the best option, cast single point scope w/o the optic point. Or...all black.

Until i have the molds done and know exactly how much material costs will be I wont have a definite price. But i'm shooting for the $100 range with the integrated magnets and "indestructible" rubber resin.

Took a step back tonight. final shaping on the muzzle resulted in a shattered part and some bloody fingers.

One last opinion from you guys. Inset the scope on the right side of the body or just leave the body flat ?

Going to leave the right side flat. not worth the headaches in milling and casting to gain an extra .2"

First test fit of the frame to the body. Made it a bit more ergonomic than the traditional frames.

16.jpg