Smitty's Helmet Build - identifying helmet help too

Smitty

Ok I got this helmet kit from someone who told me it was cast from an Altman. But to me I think it has other origins wanted to see what you guys thought. The main part of the helmet is 2 halves and a dome. It looks quite warped but when the faceplate and visor is taped into place it looks quite good. Anyhoo, here's my first set of build pics.

100_6041.JPG

100_6044.JPG

100_6043.JPG

100_6046.JPG

100_6047.JPG

It's really hard to tell the origin of the helmet. The pull on the back side seems a bit soft though since the vents barely come through and are a little off. Do you have a side-view shot? That may help...also, how big is this? Great work so far on the build.

I dont have a side view yet. I just laid the gloss white on it a few minutes ago. I got let that cure up a few days before I go playing with it. I only got 3 runs in the paint so as soon as it cures up, I gotta sand those out and touch em up with a brush. The back vents are a bit soft which is about my only gripe with the helmet. Its smaller than the KS I used to have a few years back because this one tries to rip my ears off when I take it off my head. But at the same time I dont have to open the visor to take it on and off. And on my KS the only way to get it off was to open the visor but the KS left my ears intact. The Rustoleum is a very close match to the ABS plastic so Im gonna try to avoid paining the faceplate and visor but I'll make that call in a few days when I reassemble it. The snout greeblie that came with it is super way cool sharp. I'll have some more pics up in a few days.

done for the day! I got the padding put in, the lens put in and painted the inside black. Also cleaned out the shop, made a set of hovis and finished up Greg's baster kit. Pretty much just waiting on my decals to come in from trooperbay.