New Biker Scout get-up

Guest Haddy22

Guest Haddy22

I took the easy route and purchased this full set off a guy from my local 501 forums- the Alpine Garrison. Loving it so far- I do still need to buy a face-mask under-armor hood tho help hide my neck. I used black duct-tape last night to cover it up. Hows it look?

tb.png

TB_sides.jpg

TB_front_and_back.jpg

Guest Haddy22

sorry the pictures kind of suck- i dont have a camera- only my cell phone which supposedly has a 8 megapixel camera (DroidX) but still the pics look fuzzy.

Looks good, the fit is not too bad. For approval, you will need to add the TD greeblie and cover the chest/back join areas. Those are easy updates and will help complete the costume. Not required, but I'd replace the bolt covers on the KS helmet too. :)

Guest Haddy22

Looks good, the fit is not too bad. For approval, you will need to add the TD greeblie and cover the chest/back join areas. Those are easy updates and will help complete the costume. Not required, but I'd replace the bolt covers on the KS helmet too. :)

TD greeblie?

And where do I need to cover on the chest/back/joint areas? Do you mean on the top of the shoulder where the back and front armor connect? Where can I get replacement bolt covers for the KS helmet? Anybody on here sell those?

Can you point me in the right direction for any of these? Thanks so much! Id like to get it perfect. Thanks for the super quick response too!

Do you have a vest its hard to tell bro?

TD greeblies from Donn Jarr on ebay and replacment bolts can be brought via out trade section.

Shoulder bridge covers is just a piece of fabric the same as the bund wrapped around to cover the join bro, 5 minutes work

Also a balaclava is needed

Guest Haddy22

Still have no clue what a TD greeblie is... but Ill work on the other bits

Thanks

and no It did not come with a vest? Guess Ill need to work on that as well

in addition to what others have said, it looks like you'll need 1) the butt flap, 2) riding patches on the inner thigh, 3) leg straps, and 4) lower the belt so that the cummerbund doesn't stick out below.

i'd also lower the thigh boxes a tad...but that's my preference

Guest Haddy22

TD greeblies from Donn Jarr on ebay

ive looked for a user Donn Jarr and ive searched TD greeblies and was unable to find anything. Maybe he doesnt have any up for sale ATM? Can somebody link me? Is there any other way to get these.

Thanks for all of the other help and responses- I will work on the suggestions and appreciate everyone's help!

Things to work on (Please remind me if I missed something)

TD greeblies

Chest/back join area white Velcro "Joint Hiders" -(just on my 2 shoulders? Anywhere else need these?)

Bolt Cover replacements for my KS Helmet

Velcro Vest

Buy a Baclava

butt flap

riding patches on the inner thigh

leg straps

lower the belt so that the cummerbund doesn't stick out below

Now how much of this is needed to get into the 501st? Id like to get approved there ASAP then continue working towards Lancer status if possible Looks like I still have my work cut out for me which is a good thing as I got a huge head-start buying the plastics all put together already.

I sent you a PM with the DJ direct link and some suggestions. Make sure to check out the Biker Scout CRL (see below) as this is the best reference for building your costume. As for your list, here's what you need for approval: TD greeblies, cover chest/back join, flak vest, balaclava, butt flap, riding patch and elastic thigh straps. Once you get these adjusted/added, post up some pics and we'll help guide you.

Biker Scout CRL: http://www.501st.com...B_Scout_trooper

Guest Haddy22

Just ordered the Baklava

researching materials for the chaps/ buttflap/ straps/ vest/ and armor joint covers. Anybody know the exact materials needed here? Gonna order the greeblies soon (my paypal account is shutoff for bad customer service from something that happened like 8 years ago... :P) need to use my brothers account.

• 3 weeks later...

And if you can, I'd recommend swapping out the straps for the hip boxes and try to move the attaching bolt to behind your TD-tubes. They are visible now, plus they look a bit short on you. It's also better to have a single strap from the front to the back, just going behind the clips. If you check Pandatrooper's build thread he has some nice close ups on how it looks.

A hint for the belt is to add a small piece of velcro in the front to both the bund and the belt, that way you know that it's never going to slip. I plan to add a piece in the back as well actually, just to be extra sure.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just got the TD Greeblies in the mail- what is the best way to attach them to the plastic? Any recommendations? Thanks!

E6000 is your friend, mate. And if there's space between the greeblie and the TD box then put a thin plastic shim in between.