My "finished" armour

Southscout

So, since the information on this part is "finished" armour, I thought I'd move my finished armor from my build thread to here instead. I'm still working on the helmet, but since that involves 24 hour turn-around times between coats, there's not much left to do unless I get some pointers.

All parts are velcroed to the flight suit, so they're moveable. I also basically just threw everything on me, so maybe some part is a little off in the placement. Feedback is most welcome.

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

Liking what I see bro, top job. Get that sucker in for lancer.

One thing are you using off white drop box and side straps? If so you will need to dye the pouches to match other wise this wont clear bud. Its all white or all off white no mix and match

Hi Marcel

yes, it's off white straps and white pouches. Is the requirement for white/off-white only for lancer, or also for basic approval? I plan to get off-white pouches, either by dying the ones you made for me, or sew a pair of my own since I think it looks better. But I wanted to get basic approval first to join a troop in 1.5 weeks.

Because in the "normal" CRL I see:

- Pouches may be white or off-white.

- Hanging from the sides of the belt are hip boxes, also made out of plastic. These are connected to the belt by textile straps.

And in the Lancer CRL:

- Two pouches [...] ( off white if using off white drop box/ side armour straps)

Since my riding patch and buttflap is made out of faux suede, and the elastics on the biceps armor is 2", not 1 & 3/8", I haven't planned on going Lancer yet.

Sorry for being picky, but I spent a couple of years reading ETSI 3GPP (mobile phone) specs, so I always follow the specifications to the letter ;) (actually the sentence "pouches may be white or off-white" means that they could be any color, even green. It should say "must", "may" is just recommendation, not a requirement ;) ).

/Ss

No your right it does say either colour can be used and yes will pass basic requirments. I always urge troopers to follow the lancer crl, just because its not really much more work and more accurate. Yours is looking very nice, so thought you could jump to lancer with a couple of tweeks without too many problems bro ;)

I will certainly try for Lancer after basic approval! Thanks!

I'm going down to my ladies in the fabric store today anyway to check for possible fabric for new pouches. Thanks for the extra piece of the fabric you used, it's perfect to try and find a suitable one in off-white.

Just use dylon stone (beige) dye mate with half quantities that what I did with my pouches and straps, only takes about 30 mins in the solution and job done I then washed mine twice to dull them down further

Thanks for the tip mate, I'll check it out.

My GML claims that my pouches are too big, and should not extend outside my chest armor. But I can't understand why! They look normal to me, and in some screenshots they do go outside the side of the armor. Is she right, and I'm wrong?

What you could probably do is to trim your foam filler to make them look less boxy looking if you like, I did the same as you and then re did them with curved edges on the foam to mate them look more natural. If anything I'd say the pouches could go out wards a touch. Mine go past the armour also a tiny bit, the MC Chest plate is quite small also which isn't helping, SC may have been better for fit, if you go smaller on the pouches they will then be too short for you as at the mo the length is right, bit of a catch 22