Pouches...Done!

batninja

Here is my lazy Sunday afternoon project:

wes_pouches.jpg

The Velcro is facing forward, as I intend to attach them under the chest armor as opposed to sewing them to the cummerbund. These measure 6"x7"x2".

how did you sew the flap? Did you sew them together then turn them inside out? I like how crisp your edges look and am unsure what changes i need to make to make mine look similar

1014121527_zpsa796fcd7.jpg

The pattern I use is similar to what's posted here on the forum, but it's all one piece. I cut two, sew them together, and turn them inside-out. Lots of ironing, too. :)

The pouches are two-ply, all the way through. I top-stitch the edges to give them a sharper look.

how did you sew the flap? Did you sew them together then turn them inside out? I like how crisp your edges look and am unsure what changes i need to make to make mine look similar

1014121527_zpsa796fcd7.jpg

Just iron the fabric flat mate, it will look loads better. I oron everything flat before I start and then again once the flap is turned inside out. You shouldnt get those crease while building it.

• 2 years later...