xphiledgex boot build

Guest xphiledgex

Guest xphiledgex

I finally started on my boots, I was just using rain boots that I painted white. I found the boots at payless shoes and I think they will work pretty good.

Here are some progress shots

NOKIA_Lumia_900_000379.jpg

NOKIA_Lumia_900_000381.jpg

Lancer cuts..

NOKIA_Lumia_900_000382.jpg

I used an exacto knife to take the big sections out then a dremel and stone bit to touch it up. I have to go back with my diamond tipped bit and get a couple little hang ups

NOKIA_Lumia_900_000397.jpg

The vinyl is glued on now, the pic only was the stretch

I am currently in the process of moving so they may not get any work for awhile but I am happy that I got started on them.

Any input is well appreciated...

Guest xphiledgex

Thanks for the input.

Soles look good mate, the vynil looking at the picture doesnt need to come so far around the sides and I would have a left a little more over the laces, but thats just how I do it ;)

I left the vinyl longer because I wasnt sure how it would end up, I havent glued the sides yet pretty much just the toe portion.

Looks pretty good Philip! How'd you like cutting the soles?! B)

Cutting wasnt that bad, I used the exacto knife and just went to it. I actually cut the whole section out then glued in the "ridge line" or whatever it is called.

I think the glued in line is actually how the originals were done Phillip. I studied the pics this week since I'm starting my boot build soon. I even think they made the backs look flush, and glued the sides in lower than flush.

Nice job so far. Keep it up.